Ignition lock - does it have a light?

Hello,

I have just got myself a 2nd hand Octavia, its a tasty bit of kit and I think its fab.
I tend to do a lot of night driving and have noticed that the ignition lock isnt lit up when I go to put the key in it. As its new to me I have found myself doing a bit of faffing around with my finger to find the hole.........

So my question(s) is/are, is it something thats switchable on/off?, do none of them have this feature?, is my bulb up the duff?

For reference, I have a 1.5 tsi se l.

No specific light by the lock. Possibly in basis you can set the car interior light to come on upon opening the door but agee this may not provide sufficient illumination at the lock to help find it. 

Over time you'll get used to the location and manage it as second nature, so personally I don't think this is a major omission.

yeh you are probably right that i'll get used to it, it just seems a very tiny omission of something very basic for a car which has loads of other funky features on it.

Putting an index finger on the key blade helps to guide the ignition key,

remembering  whether the keyslot is horizontal or vertical helps as well.

I have even seen stick on hook velcro used as a guide.

34 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

In 48 years of car ownership I don't recall ever owning a car with an illuminated ignition lock?

I had it on one car, a 2003 Subaru Forester XT, a green ring of lights around the ignition.

I see on the likes of Aliexpress you can buy a glow in the dark ring to stick on around the ignition but that might be annoying as there's no way to turn it off as such, just wait for it to fade.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003182390372.html

Yep, I have had it on my toyota's, which I have owned for the past 20 odd years. thinking back before that I had a mazda which had it as well.

Admittedly I was in a different country so maybe they have slightly different build specs to the UK.

On 12/01/2022 at 09:21, PetrolDave said:

In 48 years of car ownership I don't recall ever owning a car with an illuminated ignition lock?

Our 2010 Toyota Auris had it, orange around the barrel IIRC.