Do you feel mis sold on your mk4

Well, picked it up late yesterday afternoon & been out in it twice since, then a long blast down the motorway today and........dare I say it? It seems to be behaving! ( I'm gonna regret saying that!) 😁🙄

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Royrover said:

Well, picked it up late yesterday afternoon & been out in it twice since, then a long blast down the motorway today and........dare I say it? It seems to be behaving! ( I'm gonna regret saying that!) 😁🙄

Warning GIF by Friday the 13th

Im considering buying a low milage Mk IV SEL first edition form DM Keith in Hull reg NR70 NKW. Has anyone had any experience with this car

Edited by mitchec

1 hour ago, mitchec said:

Im considering buying a low milage Mk IV SEL first edition form DM Keith in Hull reg NR70 NKW. Has anyone had any experience with this car

As someone who owns an SEL - avoid. Seriously.

14 minutes ago, neonplanet40 said:

As someone who owns an SEL - avoid. Seriously.

No major issues with my SEL. Couple of minor software glitches but otherwise perfect. They aren’t all bad despite the moaning on here. 

3 hours ago, MiniNinjaRob said:

No major issues with my SEL. Couple of minor software glitches but otherwise perfect. They aren’t all bad despite the moaning on here. 

Lucky you. Mine was in a garage for 7 months and still has software issues. 

12 hours ago, mitchec said:

I bought a used, low mileage, SEL first edition in March last year. Had several s/w issues so Škoda UK had it back at the dealer for 5 months while they did loads of diagnostics and developed a trial fix - which was applied in September. Main issue was the kph/mph couldn’t be selected; speed only in mph and satnav only in Kms! Other issue was the ACC ‘seeing’ cars in the lane to the left and slowing, as though I were driving in mainland Europe. Both fixed.

Since then, a few niggles including the SOS system fault but a further s/w update fixed that.

I’ve cover best part of 10k miles since then four minor niggles remain, they are…

- rear courtesy lights come on and off at random intervals, like a ghost is fiddling with the switch 😉

- iPhone doesn’t always auto reconnect to CarPlay ( but with recent OTA updates it’s getting better)

- passenger heated seat doesn’t stay on if the driver seat is on, ok otherwise

- occasionally the fuel & temperature gauges flicker (about 1 in 50 drives).

I’m very pleased with my car now. Comfortable, quiet, roomy. On a recent road trip (2 up and boot full) cover 1150 miles at 58.8mpg with some long motorway stretches accounting for the majority of the mileage. 

So, before you buy, get a good long test drive and check the s/w does what it should with regard to these SEL FE bugs. Škoda know they exist/existed so should be fixed/fixable on the car you’re looking at.

45 minutes ago, sneal said:

I bought a used, low mileage, SEL first edition in March last year. Had several s/w issues so Škoda UK had it back at the dealer for 5 months while they did loads of diagnostics and developed a trial fix - which was applied in September. Main issue was the kph/mph couldn’t be selected; speed only in mph and satnav only in Kms! Other issue was the ACC ‘seeing’ cars in the lane to the left and slowing, as though I were driving in mainland Europe. Both fixed.

Since then, a few niggles including the SOS system fault but a further s/w update fixed that.

I’ve cover best part of 10k miles since then four minor niggles remain, they are…

- rear courtesy lights come on and off at random intervals, like a ghost is fiddling with the switch 😉

- iPhone doesn’t always auto reconnect to CarPlay ( but with recent OTA updates it’s getting better)

- passenger heated seat doesn’t stay on if the driver seat is on, ok otherwise

- occasionally the fuel & temperature gauges flicker (about 1 in 50 drives).

I’m very pleased with my car now. Comfortable, quiet, roomy. On a recent road trip (2 up and boot full) cover 1150 miles at 58.8mpg with some long motorway stretches accounting for the majority of the mileage. 

So, before you buy, get a good long test drive and check the s/w does what it should with regard to these SEL FE bugs. Škoda know they exist/existed so should be fixed/fixable on the car you’re looking at.

I recently raised the rear courtesy light with my garage and they replaced it. Since then no more ghostly activity!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Mark Hiscock said:

I recently raised the rear courtesy light with my garage and they replaced it. Since then no more ghostly activity!

Good to know, thanks.

1 minute ago, sneal said:

Good to know, thanks.

I also had the ghost light, and after replacing it, it stopped. So it seems a new one sorts it. Likely a faulty senior. 

• Thanks 1