Oil temperature and DPF

You have like 166K km... if you think your dpf is not clogged( inside visually inspected/ controlled)/ car in good running condition....play around 30 to 35 grams of ash mass( i play with 46 grams for 230k km)....see what is coming after.

The thing is that after every adaptation of ash mass you will get, soon, a new regeneration....this is happening to my car anyway.

So....how to adapt ash mass( for EA288... maybe it works for EA189...not sure):

VCDS - 01 Engine -16 Security Access(enter code shown by VCDS)-10 Adaptation- Adaptation of ash mass( on the top you will see Stored value=actual value, on the bottom New Value= whatever value you would like to insert)-Press Do It-Confirm....and it should be done.

For everyone reading please realize that you do this on your own risk....if anything bad happening i am not to be blamed....i am just sharing some of the experience that i had with my car.

Thanks I will give it a try, earlier it was not accepting the security access code but that has happened before, it will probably work next time.

I will know the answer to that when I drive some more, at present it believes that it is more than halfway to the soot threshold for regenning after 140kms so I think the answer is no.

When I say "believe" the measured soot value is as always a fraction of the calculated one that triggers the regen.

Are you watching the values live? Or taking 'snapshots'. I'm curious about the behavior of the soot mass measured. I have seen in mine that sometimes it is rising, then starts to go down as the engine gets warmer.

1 hour ago, BogdanB said:

Does stored ash mass value influence regens in any way?

The answer is no as it will regen every 270 miles approx whether you have reached the limit for ash or not. The regens and limits are to keep the dpf working and it is best left alone to do its thing. It is a very clever system and will sort itself out 

• 2 months later...

Updates on my issues.. 

I went in the garage for dpf assessment and told me that couldn’t do it because the turbo actuator doesn’t work. Found the part brand new for £135 and went back to replace it for £230 labour. They told me the dpf regen perfectly fine and after a 15 mins  motorway run the particles went down a lot.

regarding the oil temperature mechanics couldn’t find anything. Now the weather is warmer and oil temperature stays between 75-85 and rarely goes to 90 and above 90. Haven’t seen 90 degrees for the past 6-7 months probably because it was cold.

all good but recently realised the air condition doesn’t work properly, I regenerate with gas, worked 1 months only. When I turn on the air conditioner I can hear hissing sound inside, maybe a leak. Not many garages want to fix it and probably will be pretty expensive it depends of the leak location..

2 hours ago, Kachaka said:

Not many garages want to fix it and probably will be pretty expensive it depends of the leak location..

When the aircon is recharged it normally includes as well as the gas a small amount of lubricant and (crucially here) an ultra-violet dye.

Using a suitable ultra-violet lamp the location of leaks can be seen, allowing them to be fixed.