Facelifting Skoda Superb 2015 to look like 2019

Hello,
I was just wondering if I could upgrade my skoda superb 2018 to look like the newer model.
Has anyone already tried this?
I did a couple of functional mods to the car, now I'm going into the design improvements, since I like the newer model a lot.
For now I'm wondering about the bar on the boot.
Does the bar on the newer model fit the old one?

Also, any cosmetic modification you've done to the car or just ideas are appreciated.

Best regards, MR

222.png

It's MY20 btw, not 2019.

It can b done, both front and back, if u've got deep pockets and re-do wiring harnesses.

With regards to the rear - do a search in this forum, u'll find a discussion I started about retrofitting facelift tail lights.

p.s. I didn't end up doing it.

Doing the rear involves:-

- new facelift tail light clusters (both inner and outer)

- new facelift RVC

- new facelift boot button

- new chrome/black bar trim

- modified wiring harness

- VCDS coding

- VCP/ODIS parameterization??

Doing the front involves:-

- new facelift headlights

- new facelift foglights

- new facelift bumper

- new facelift grille

- modified wiring harness

- VCDS coding

- VCP/ODIS parameterization

Edited by JR RS

Personally, I find some model facelifts exactly that; an attempted improvement which is obvious and which can be a failure. The originality of the design gets broken and it looks well, wrong y’know, a bit like adding a spoiler to a car, something which was never in the original designers eye. The radical, sleek MK1 Ford Capri vs the disastrous MK1.5, the gorgeous Lancia Beta that became the appalling Trevi and the already terrible Allegro which, if it was actually possible, became even worse with the MK2. I’m not saying the facelift Superb is as bad as these, but the chrome bar cross the hatchback back and light clusters and the big, incorrectly angled fog lamps in the ugly front bumper to me, just look wrong. 

• Like 2

@JR RS
Okay, you went a bit too far for my liking. If i had deep pockets i wouldn't be retrofiting anything :D i would just buy the new model.
I was just curious about the bar on the back. I would darken rear lighhts and add a black bar across the boot and the lights. That would be it. Oh yeah, i would also remove the logo, fill in and repaint the back.
now it's just a question.. Does the bar fit the old model. Creating it from scratch... could be a nightmare.

Best regards, MR

@numskull
I agree with you. Changing the design losses it's story. 
But I would like to attempt something that was designed by skoda designers for the updated model. I don't thing I'm changing its design story or ruining the look of the car (which in the end is quite subjective)
I quite like the bar across, preferably in glossy black instead of chrome...

Best regards, MR

1 hour ago, mr93 said:

@JR RS
Okay, you went a bit too far for my liking. If i had deep pockets i wouldn't be retrofiting anything :D i would just buy the new model.
I was just curious about the bar on the back. I would darken rear lighhts and add a black bar across the boot and the lights. That would be it. Oh yeah, i would also remove the logo, fill in and repaint the back.
now it's just a question.. Does the bar fit the old model. Creating it from scratch... could be a nightmare.

Best regards, MR

Sorry, not wat u want to hear.

Again, if u search this forum about retrofitting the facelift taillights, u'll c plenty about the bar itself, including part numbers.

No, the bar cannot b done by itself without doing the RVC and boot button.  Also the outer pre-facelift taillights r not compatible with the bar trim.

I too don't have deep pockets either.

So I improvised and made my own chrome trim, that covers the boot, and taillights.

My taillights r also vinyl wrapped with a light smoke tint.

Stoked with the finish.

Confuses the **** out people. :D

IMAG5240.thumb.jpg.bcbdc790b6fab36a82e41b4ef5251f45.jpg

IMG_17052021_222441_(1080_x_608_pixel).thumb.jpg.d59d26ddc9a1f32ae64831a83f6b09bf.jpg

PXL_20211005_080330306.thumb.jpg.5405798b272275e1607d55ed61d5fc46.jpg

Edited by JR RS
  • Like 1

On 02/02/2022 at 10:55, Awesam said:

LOL exposing your age there!  Not many people on this forum wouldn't remember Capri let alone the Allegro!

Bloody cheek! I’m 32! 😂 Nah… I’ve got tins of beans that are probably older than you! Oh BTW, the Capri MK1 was launched 4 years before the Allegro!

• Haha 2

@JR RS
Woah, thanks man.
That's exactly what I want... Except I have a vagon not a sedan.
I like the new light design but I'm not spending 1500€ for new tail lights.
Where did you get the strip? (please tell me it's a basic strip i can find online somewhere)
IMG_01082020_104016_(1080_x_736_pixel).jpg
The old post shows the strip is also on the bottom oh the boot and the lights.
Honestly your modifications look like stock.
Kudos.

• Thanks 1

@mr93- thanks.  I've gone with OEM look with everything I've done/added to the car.

I bought a chrome door strip roll from AliExpress (link below), cut them to size, and stuck them on.

Very easy.

Yes, they're L-shaped, so the mould nicely over the edge.

I even used them on my lower door mould/sill - just like it is in on L&K models if optioned from factory.  Sportline models get it in black.

IMG_23022021_215750_(1080_x_608_pixel).thumb.jpg.3efa525d644199ce0ad068838bf4a596.jpg

597028662_PXL_20210703_2322014722.thumb.jpg.b519223f555c9d27c28555834b6a1878.jpg

I even used the same thing for a strip across the front bumper, again, like OEM, but I removed it when I got the front splitter.

IMG_12082020_204224_(1080_x_753_pixel).thumb.jpg.d267b20c91702f7f1a8ebfa2df516f70.jpg

They've been on for almost 2 years now.

They're still holding strong, through rain, high pressure washes, heat etc. etc.

AU $4.33  30%OFF | 10m Car Chrome Moulding Trim Door Seal Strip Sticker For Skoda Octavia A5 A7 Kodiaq Superb 2 Rapid Fabia 1 Porsche 911 Cayenne M
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMm8W92

18 hours ago, numskull said:

Bloody cheek! I’m 32! 😂 Nah… I’ve got tins of beans that are probably older than you! Oh BTW, the Capri MK1 was launched 4 years before the Allegro!

My first car was a Capri 2.0 S only car i've ever owned where the heater would actually burn you !

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/02/2022 at 01:10, mr93 said:

@JR RS
You are the real MVP.
AliExpress to the rescue.
Your car looks sick. Damn that splitter looks good.

Has anyone tried removing the boot logo? any issues?

if u remove the rear boot logo, on a pre-facelift, u'll b left with an indent/recess, and two holes, where the boot pins slot into.

so don't do it.