Enyaq vs Tesla Model Y

garym999

So a quick update. COVID has hit China hard with factory shutdowns, even when the factory opens it then has issues with component supply as those factory’s have been hit too. So I had an EDD (estimated delivery date) with a May window. that then slipped to a June Window. Now it just says July. Still much sooner that my proposed Enyaq order.

The sad/interest thing is that the shipping movements are closely monitored in the Tesla forums so you get to know when the next ship is due with cars on board. It gets addictive. Takes about a month to the UK. 

The world is finding out in so many ways how reliant we are on China either directly or indirectly.

• 4 months later...

So, time for an update I guess...

Also remember this is my first EV. Would I go back to and ICE car, NO. I also thought I’d dislike the car more than I do.

Love

• Regular software updates

• Quick when you want it to be

• Regenerative breaking so smooth, almost forgotten what the brake pedal is for.

• Supercharger network. Just plug in.

• Integration with Octopus Intelligent. You say how much charge you need and by when and they instruct the car when to charge. Also gives you guaranteed 6-hour cheap rate electric.

• Very spacious

• Loads of features that would be optional on others (4-wheel drive, premium stereo, Adaptive cruise control, Traffic aware lane assist, heat pump)

• Phone locking and App control

• The most powerful aircon I have had in a car. Especially given the huge glass roof its working against

Hate

• Autohigh beam headlights, don't work.

• Matrix headlights, Can project Tesla on the wall but that’s it!

• Autowipers bit sporadic

• Turning Circle

• Bings, Bongs and other nagging messages (got that from lane assist when I test drove the Enyaq too.)

We even completed a holiday to France towing our large trailer tent. Oxford to Plymouth, Charge at Darts farm, Exeter (excellent breakfast), Plymouth to Roscoff and on to our final destination in Brittany (another hours drive). No drama at all. Except having to unhitch to charge. That would be the same of any EV though.

I'm sure I would have been happy with the Enyaq if I were able to get one in time. I'm thinking the charging experience would have been the only let down.

• Like 1

Sounds good. Clearly the whole software/user experience is better with Tesla.

If you’re doing long journeys Tesla is better for the superchargers.

Most of  your “hates” would be better with an Enyaq - Matrix headlights and auto main beam system is good,  auto wipers work well, and excellent turning circle.

I’ve never been in a Tesla but personally I like the looks of the Model Y and the model 3.

Edited by classic

Yes getting the basics right would be good. Lots of long journeys most of which have been done with a full charge from home. Nights away are when the superchargers come in to their own.

with winter coming it will be interesting know what the impact will be. I’ve already been enjoying getting into a preheated car or the colder starts

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, garym999 said:

with winter coming it will be interesting know what the impact will be. I’ve already been enjoying getting into a preheated car or the colder starts

Winter knocked my Enyaq by about 25%, might be slightly better after the much promised software update. From what I’ve read the Tesla battery management is better.