Superb 2008 Low beam

Sorin94

Hi all I recently purchased my first Skoda, which is a Superb. I’m very happy with the car, just that when I bought the car the low beam on the passenger side was not working. The owner offered me a brand new Bosch bulb for replacement. I replaced the bulb & nothing happend then I tough it could be the Ballast, so I purchased a brand new one & nothing again. 

Does anybody have any idea on this ? Could it be wiring or the actual headlight need’s replacement. PS (Everything else works fine on the headlight)

You've checked the fuses?  On the standard (non HID) headlight superbs there are 4 fuses, LH main and dip and RH main and dip.

Check for 12v at the ballast input.  Be very careful as the ballast output is a very much higher voltage, google says it's "typically 25,000v" to strike the arc, then settles down to around 100v to maintain the arc.

Try swapping bulb/ballast left and right to try to locate the fault.

Hi 

The headlights are HID, I checked all the fuses & they are fine. I also swapped ballast & bulbs between them & still nothing. I checked relay & it’s fine. I’m a bit confused on what to do next.

If you've checked the passenger ballast and bulb in the other headlight and proved they are OK, and you've also checked for a 12v dipped beam supply and earth for the dodgy headlight then I'm a bit stumped.

Try looking and asking in the B5.5 on www.ukpassats.co.uk and see if someone there has any other suggestions.  It's a bit more lively than this section of Briskoda.