Metallic knocking noise

3 hours ago, Jfabia said:

Is anyone able to comment on this noise?

ARB drop link would be the first thing I would check.

Thanks, AG Falco

• Like 1

Went in today, couldn’t find anything, he trimmed the left shock dust cover as apparently there is a documented issue on the Skoda system about a noise which can be fixed by doing this.

So the first time it went in it had left shock top bearing, left bump stop? Front brake pads and brake anti rattle things?

This time it’s the left shock dust cover modified and I still have the noise, I mentioned engine mounts to the dealership and they have checked them.

Don’t really fancy another trip to the garage as it’s kind of pointless, a bit annoyed at this point.

Depends how much it is bothering you, you could see about borrowing or buying one of these, wireless saves strapping thin wires safely.

Car Electronic Stethoscope Kit Noise Diagnostic Tool - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403538254686

wire.jpg.49d3b908105bd85b91f04a262086ea87.jpg

Sykes Pickavant Wireles Electronic Stethoscope Kit "Chassisear" - https://www.sykes-pickavant.com/products/electrical-diagnostics-and-test-tools/general-diagnostic-testing-tools/330

330_336_l.jpg.dc8926cd0966db656c19bd2b3d95c14f.jpg

Instructions PDF. -

30047500.pdf

Took it to my local garage today been taking my cars there for years.

The guy took it out on his own and couldn’t hear anything, got it up on the ramp and went around tugging on the arms and links and whatever, not sure what they are called? But he went around pulling all sorts under the car, everything fine.

He opened the bonnet and pushed on the car so it was bouncing up and down, nothing…

We went out in it together, nothing, I sat in the back, nothing….

When I have passengers in the car and its heavier it’s silent, when I’m on my own I can hear the metallic knocking?

The mechanic said everything looks newish under there and couldn’t find anything.

So that’s two garages now with the same result, all I know is the noise is there but I trust my local garage and if they can’t see anything wrong it’s baffling me even more ?

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jfabia said:

Recorded this today, any ideas ?

IMG_2836.MOV

Nope doesn't open for me, haven't we been through this before, do you have to make it public or sumfink or do sumfink else.

Perhaps it'll work for others but I think others had couldn't view either, if you did sumfink before to get a previous one viewable do it again with this, if not sorry I've no idea, others might though.