VRS TSI estate economy

Hi - I am considering the petrol powered VRS estate for my next car but am wondering if anyone has it and what sort of economy they are getting?

My commute is 80 miles of which half is motorway and then the rest is a mix of dual carriageway and heavy traffic 

Stick to 60 max , let her go eco on downhill ( ie foot off) you may get 42 to 45. I once got 52 but that journey was motorway long downhill. KW power output zero for many miles.

Mine is generally around 35mpg. I can get to 40mpg if I'm being careful.

However why on earth would you buy a petrol vrs if fuel economy was a high priority. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jmagee said:

Mine is generally around 35mpg. I can get to 40mpg if I'm being careful.

However why on earth would you buy a petrol vrs if fuel economy was a high priority. 

Why on earth would you buy a car the size of an Octavia, unless you need 5 seats and/or freight space, if economy is your prime aim

Or to put it another way, could choose a lower spec Octavia, save over £10k on purchase price, and think how far you good go with £10k of fuel (I think it will be about 500 of your 80mile trips)

Edited by SurreyJohn

I am waiting for the supply issues to be sorted out before I place my order so have been coming to this forum site repeatedly for updates as well as to see if there are any other developments I should be aware of - software, ACC issues, etc.

I would like to have a diesel vRS Estate but Skoda NZ does not offer this option, so petrol is the only way to go.  The iV hybrid costs more and from what I've been reading in many media reviews is not as much fun to pilot owing to the increased weight.

I am concerned about how the petrol vRS does on consumption as petrol prices are tipped to spike more in the short to mid term future.  I am coming from a BMW 320d Touring which gets me 6.2l/100km (around 42 mpg).  So, thanks to all posters so far for their input.

I have a petrol VRS wagon.

For highway drives where there is no congestion and I can use the ACC to drive at 90-110km/h I can easily get get 40mpg (7.0 l/100km)  and have on occasions got 50mpg (5.5 l/100km).

The ACC Is the key for me to economical driving.

I do not do any driving in heavy traffic but in my local driving the figure is more like 9-10l/100km, or around 30mpg.

I've had mine since Feb and my long term average was 33.2 MPG over 2425 miles.  This includes a lot of short journeys but around 800 to 1000 miles will be motorway miles.  If you are on a good run then you can easily see mid to high 40s providing you stick to 70 or below.  Its the heavy traffic that will cause your MPG to drop, and something the hybrid would be perfect for.

When i ordered my VRS it was £1.20 a ltr of juice , price today £1.70. It wasnt a consideration when ordered but now it is. Thankfully i have rejected the VRS for all the bits that dont work and keeping her till my new Hybrid Bore chariot arrives in October.

Get a warm or hot hatch , box ticked

Hi Guys, I have TSI DSG vRS for about 2 moths (bought it 6months old with 12kkm on the clock) and so far I have:

Short jurneys over the town 20-24mpg (little bit more than I expected)

Long jurneys on the highways with ACC speed set to 80-90mph around 43 (little less than I expected)

Jurneys out of the town / not highways I got (when I really, really trying!) almost 50.

Longterm avg consumption since we got the car I have aroud 37(60% town/ 30% highways / 10% country roads). So to sum it up, I am quite happy with the car fuel consumption, taking into account that I have almost 250hp and 370Nm of power.

If someone order vRS Octavia, somehow needs to count with, that it will not have consuption as 1,0TSI 3-cylinder. And I would say, if you load your car, with luggage and people, the 1,0TSi will maybe have higher consumption than vRS. With vRS is every acceleration or overtaking pure joy and fun. The couple of mpg more is well spend for me :)

My secondary (old) car is Honda Civic 2007 1,8vTec with 140hp and 170Nm and I have long term consuption around 39-40, so with the power upgrade, the fuel consumption/power increase ration is really good for me.

My longer term average is bang on 40mpg.   The lowest figure I've had was 36mpg for a full tank ( which coincided with a month of shorter journeys and my wife taking it for a drive with her heavy right foot).

The highest tank to tank I've personally done was 44mpg.  The highest single trip was 50mpg.   

If you drive sensibly on mainly A and M roads, the economy on the Petrol VRS is pretty decent - comparable to my previous mark 2 CR TDI which over the 7 years I had it, averaged 46mpg and rarely went much over 50mpg (but was ace to drive and I used to thrash it far more than my current petrol version).