Radio unit locked

Please help! I do have my radio code, but I entered it twice, or more, incorrectly as I didn't have my glasses on! Now the unit is locked!

This happened 3 years ago too, at the time I found advice online [which I can't remember now] which might have involved using the key fob resetting and pressing some key sequence on the unit, but honestly can't remember at all now!

I did disconnect the battery for few days, and also drove the car with the radio on for 60 minutes, but still SAFE Locked.

Any clue, advice?

• 5 months later...

well i'd interested in how to obtain the bolero radio code in octavia ... just in case 

i understand there are situations like a battery  disconnect sequence that can cause the unit to request the code and its mostly ok stored in the unit ... all a bit mystical 

certainly not seen a lot of code requests here 

• 9 months later...

Tbh I had same issue a little while back mashing in the incorrect code seen same info on here. 

I tried disconnect battery for few mins - nothing

Pull radio fuse and back of HU fuse - nothing

Started car idle for some time just chilled in the car pressed power knob off/ on - nothing

Turned off car by pulling the key out (not turning Hu off 1st)

Eventually after a few cycles of leaving ignition on for some time and turning car off it luckily worked. 

Unsure if running an obd 2 android scanner helped as the HU is a canbus type? This only lit up the skoda logo 

(Highly doubt this helped)