Windows closed and doors tried to lock while driving.

gjscott

I was going around a right hand corner (may be coincidental) this morning and the windows all suddenly closed and the central locking activated.

This is the first time it has happened.

Any clues or anything suggesting this may get worse?

2013 Yeti Adventure Tdi 140.

Your trousers are too tight and you’ve operated the lock button on the remote :)

Other than that I would check the wiring in the door bellows from A pillar to door for damage.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, gjscott said:

I was going around a right hand corner (may be coincidental) this morning and the windows all suddenly closed and the central locking activated.

Have you recently imported the vehicle from Johannesburg?

19 hours ago, muddyjim said:

Have you any loose items pushing on the rocker switch by the handbrake?

I don't think that would close the windows - in that same way that the automatic door locking once you go above a certain speed doesn't.

1 hour ago, ejstubbs said:

I don't think that would close the windows - in that same way that the automatic door locking once you go above a certain speed doesn't.

It certainly does; but then I have autolocking switched off in my Yetis...

But... what did you mean by "doors TRIED to lock", please?

Edited by freedie
Forget to add query...

6 hours ago, ejstubbs said:

It certainly does on mine; it has the same effect as holding the lock button down on the keyfob, locking the doors then closing the windows.

Also holding the rocker the other way unlocks the doors then opens all the windows! (This works regardless of the ignition switch position)

• Like 1

In the past various owners have reported odd behaviours when the battery is past its best. As your car is, like mine, nine years old I'm guessing it's on its second battery (if you are lucky) so might be worth bearing in mind?