Karoq 1.5 tsi ACTUAL fuel economy

MikeKaroq

11 minutes ago, MikeKaroq said:

What units is that in? 

My car does 22 miles per gallon. Or 9 kilometers per liter.

22mpg does not equal 9 kms per litre, is that a figure you have read or one you have calculated?

It does not equal 9 liters/100km either.

Something is wrong with your car. 9km per litre is about 11 litres per 100km. You're a little worse than the worst of the 335 Karoqs with same engine reported there.

Edited by Breezy_Pete

I live in Jerusalem Israel. It's an area surrounded by lots of mountains. 

This might be one of the reason that it's high. Regardless, 9 km to the liter is really low. 

The car has 84 kilometers. I have had it for two weeks. I changed the oil and the filters. It drives fine. No apparent issues. Is there anything to check? 

How have you established that the car is doing 9 kms to one litre of fuel?

The dash display will report either MPG or Litres per 100 km.

• Like 1

@MikeKaroq.  Welcome.  What octane of petrol is used is it 95 Ron in Israel and how many litres is needed to fill up the tank after how many km driven?   Has it only been used to drive 84,,km since you got it?    How many km since it was new has it done,?   And what is the temperature where it is being driven? 

Edited by roottoot
  • Thanks 1

The dash displays liters per kilometers or kilometers per liter. It's different than the ones you have in Europe. 

Currently it's around 30 degrees Celsius. 

I use 95 octane fuel. We also have 98. Would it make any difference? 

I have checked local forums, and people around here also get around 10 kilometers per liter. Some more some less.

• Thanks 1

I only asked about the octane incase there was lower than 95 Ron there.  You best see what you can achieve in the way of economy using that.  10 miles (edit) per litre or 45 mpg (imperial) should be achievable.  (Once you know what you can get then maybe try the higher octane if not that much more expensive.).    How far is a normal drive for you? 

Edited by roottoot

I only get 10 miles per litre (45 mpg) with my 1.5Tsi DSG if I am on a journey, even then I have to think a bit regarding how I am driving to achieve this. I keep my aircon permanently on, summer and winter.  

My journey profile has changed dramatically since I changed from my diesel Yeti in late 2018.  I went from nearly 20,000 miles a year to around 5,000 (thus buying a petrol).

Another factor to consider is the effect aircon has on fuel consumption that of course being in hot climate is probably on its internal software more aggressive setting.

tom

Edited by Sanqhar

Going to Bristol Thurs & returning yesterday mainly on Motorways, M25 & M4, 150 mile journey each way, fairly busy roads, I got 48mpg going & 52mpg on return, so average 50mpg.  ACC typically set to 73mph where speed limits allow.

3yr old 1.0 SE Tech DSG that's done 18,500miles.  My best on that trip was 53mpg a year or so ago.

I don't dordle, but nor am I a speed merchant (but can get up to around 85mph passing a knot of bunched up vehicles in the slower lanes) yet mostly try to drive fairly economically.  95RON petrol.  Temps in low to mid 20s.

The mpg figures are from the vehicle's 4% optimistic display, adjusted down accordingly.  The range shown on the display was indicating aroundt 600miles for this long distance run.

• Like 1