Driving on the left France etc

paco

Hope the dealer can assist, but who knows what mood they will be in.

I think I did see the aircon issue, but didn't wan't to wade into a subject I don't know too much about.  Some experience of course, but not a whole lot.

Modern A/C is pants compared to some of the older cars, some you could cryogenically freeze anything with.

5 hours ago, varooom said:

Hope the dealer can assist, but who knows what mood they will be in.

I think I did see the aircon issue, but didn't wan't to wade into a subject I don't know too much about.  Some experience of course, but not a whole lot.

Modern A/C is pants compared to some of the older cars, some you could cryogenically freeze anything with.

Yes 😜, if anything the Yeti ac was sometimes too cold, but I would prefer that to be my choice not some sandal chewing tree hugger’s choice 😜

31 minutes ago, NottsIan said:

Doesn't climate control do that automatically if the outside temp is high ?

Not sure. 

It certainly does it if it senses pollutants. 

tom

Just now, paco said:

Varoom here’s the pics, what do you think 🤔

A1BC26C7-820B-4A3B-9E2E-DBC21645EF26.jpeg

9D527291-762D-42DB-A717-9D726506309E.jpeg

First one is dipped , second one full beam

1 hour ago, varooom said:

A definitive left kickup.

Yes I can see that so if I can’t set them to rhd I will need eurolites ?

1 hour ago, varooom said:

If eurolites are something to cover up the left side kick up, then yes.

Ok 😕, thanks for your help 👍

• Like 1

And re title, you normally drive on the right in France.  Though it does seem optional some of the time.👍

I'd be interested to know if anyone has ever seen a European left hand drive car in the UK fitted with beam deflectors. I certainly haven't. But I have seen UK registered cars with the Eurolites in the wrong place, and some that have been on so long they have turned black.

3 hours ago, DSL said:

And re title, you normally drive on the right in France.  Though it does seem optional some of the time.👍

Oops! You’re correct 🥴

I was just pointing out the obvious in jest, but I do find occasionally I’m on the wrong side in a kind of “oops, something’s wrong here” moment.  It’s never on the road but usually a supermarket car park.  For me the risk point is when I feel comfortable driving on t’other side and make the mistake of thinking I don’t need to keep saying “stick to the ditch side”.  Saying that,  in 2 weeks time I’ll be in a hire car on t’other side in Canada but it’ll be the first time on the right with a steering wheel on the wrong side!

Edited by DSL

On 24/07/2022 at 16:18, DSL said:

but I do find occasionally I’m on the wrong side in a kind of “oops, something’s wrong here”

I have driven in Europe many times in the last 40 years or so, and would consider myself pretty good at keeping to the correct side of the road.

’Mistakes’ happen when confronted with unusual circumstances, where the brain reverts to auto mode and briefly puts one on the wrong side of the road.

Generally speaking nothing of note happens and you quickly recover your senses.

However it doesnt always end well.

As this pic will show.

In 1996 I had been driving the Brigades mini bus down to Marseille to take part in a sailing event.

We had taken the wrong road and needed to turn around, we were following a map!.

I found a piece of open ground, turned around and joined the carriageway on the left hand side of the road.

The road took a left hand turn around a small hill, obscuring oncoming traffic.

I didn’t even see the coach that we drove into.

Thankfully no-one lost their lives.

I was airlifted to a hospital.

The next time I drove in France I was ultra vigilant!

26 years on it has become second nature again, but I am not complacent.

D9BAD657-FA6D-4CAF-B7CE-2CE40DEB89D8.jpeg