Correct battery

My Octavia Estate is fitted with a 12v 74Ah battery but looking for a replacement various established companies are recommending anything from a 44Ah to a 71Ah. Neither the owner's manual nor the technical data booklet appear to show the recommended battery. So, what should it be please?

Thanks in advance for helpful replies.

Your PR codes for your car will tell you what battery it left factory with.

Mine left with 68Ah for 1.6 diesel green line Oct III

A call to dealer or TPS will clarify what it should have fitted, going up in Ah won't hurt, but it might be physically bigger.

• Like 1

Thanks, Breezy_Pete and 'varooom', for your quick and helpful replies.   It's a 2.0ltr diesel so presumably the 74Ah would be better but, maybe having a 71Ah might not make too much difference.

Yep, Ah is actually less critical than the Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) figure in terms of getting a diesel going, so if all else is equal between a couple of candidates you're considering, pick the one with the higher CCA figure.  Bear in mind that there are multiple 'standards' for measuring this which result in different figures so ensure you compare ones with the same authority e.g. DIN.

• Like 2

Like you, mine (petrol) had a 74Ah OEM. When I changed it I went for another of the same size, Varta Blue, with 4yr guarantee.

Seems fine 👍

I bought a YUASA 096 from Halfords, not sure of the specs but I bought it in Nov 2019 with my trade card and had another 15% off buying on line and it was around £83 supplied and fitted and it's a 5 year warranty... Cars a 2007 2litre diesel