Drivers door not locking

okmate

Just now, okmate said:

think i may buy some hex self tapers lol what size you think pal ?

You'd need massive ones if you wanted to use the original holes, if you drill new holes you can use whatever size screws you like.

• Like 1

Ooh, very recent. 

That suggests the window regulator mech may have failed on the original panel, and the previous owner fitted a genuine new replacement. Possibly forgetting to re-connect the lock before rivetting  it on?  That would be a bad feeling. 😆

Edited by Breezy_Pete
sp
  • Like 1

Hey guys ive had a go today, ive removed the door frame and glass and plugged the connector in to see if it works and hey presto central locking worked great,and the bad side the lock mechanism that that you pull up and down was broken, it connects onto a brass connection that looks like it engages to a cog,but its broken so its a new mechanism, hey how .

any idea what the part number is on this ?

IMG-20220819-WA0008.jpg

4 minutes ago, Breezy_Pete said:

Yep 3B2837016R

Do you mean the wire bit that the black plastic door pin sits on is the only broken bit? I'd be tempted to do without.

No pete its the pull push mechanism thats snaped away from the main lock ive found a small spring in the door. i would assume the wire lock mechanism is complete on the door lock,this ones broken.

will have a search for the door lock on ebay,there seems to be loads off different vechicles that are fitted for this lock 

When I click on that link it says "you bought this item" and I bought it for the missus's 2005 Fabia to swap out while I was replacing the regulator panel earlier this year, so I would say it's just their info about what cars it will fit that's wrong.

• Like 1

Well i had a look at the part and the new part does have a cut out in the top part so all the tension is on the small bit of steel when the handle is operated seems its a common problem so will add cable ties instead of forking out £30, tight arse i know

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys after a loveley holiday to cypruss i was back out to fit the new lock,it was a bit of a mare trying to understand where the lock rod was fitted but after several times fitting the door plate back and forth i sussed it in the end,i tested it several times before actually closing the door and it works great,i just need to order the door card plastic connectors before fitting thanks again guys on to the next job 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 19/08/2022 at 15:56, Breezy_Pete said:

When I click on that link it says "you bought this item" and I bought it for the missus's 2005 Fabia to swap out while I was replacing the regulator panel earlier this year, so I would say it's just their info about what cars it will fit that's wrong.

I am also facing similar issue the seller sent me actuator  3b1837016bc but I think my old part was  3B2837016r same as okmate's. Everything seems work fine with wrong part as expected but only Bowden cable length is shorter by possibly 1-2 cm not sure why,  in okmate case possibly applying to much force may have broken the cable holder because of wrong part.My door was jammed because of excess pull on actuator unlock handle.  

Lesson learned ebay part compatibility  checker cannot be trusted.  

cheers   

raky

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 19/08/2022 at 16:19, okmate said:

Oh forgot to mention,dont suppose you know what part number this would be ? it was held on by cable ties,cant seem to find the part as it wont highlight the number 4 any ideas

https://skoda.7zap.com/en/cz/fabia/fab/2006-453/8/837-837000/

IMG_20220819_161353.jpg

IMG_20220819_161405.jpg

Found the root cause of this issue , what happen when we remove actuator which has 2-3mm rubber gasket , this gasket never comes with original actuator sold on ebay so when we fit the new part without 2-3 mm gasket the cable length reduces hence as novice  we push hard the cable to fit in the holder which breaks  holder.. I had success when I ordered 3mm rubber part and made a gasket out fit on actuator cable nicely fitted and all  everything was smooth...  fyi @Breezy_Pete

Thickness: 3mm
Size: 10 x 10cm
£2.45
Sold by: 

Hop hit helps somebody.

cheers 

fyi Lee @TMB

this is how they sell on ebay ... trade secret even my know mechanic was asking me how did i mange to refit again the new actuator he did not share me secret , when I tried to pull the cable it was not reaching so I did research and found that 2-3 mm is short which self cut  rubber seal  had filled the gap and all worked fine,  even I was also about to break the clip by forcibly trying to fit it.  cheers  

Screen Shot 2023-03-06 at 23.03.11.png

Edited by raky
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 22:59, raky said:

I am also facing similar issue the seller sent me actuator  3b1837016bc but I think my old part was  3B2837016r same as okmate's. Everything seems work fine with wrong part as expected but only Bowden cable length is shorter by possibly 1-2 cm not sure why,  in okmate case possibly applying to much force may have broken the cable holder because of wrong part.My door was jammed because of excess pull on actuator unlock handle.  

Lesson learned ebay part compatibility  checker cannot be trusted.  

cheers   

raky

this was seal missing as mentioned in last message... No issue of compatibility both fitted and worked fine "3b1837016bc but I think my old part was  3B2837016r s"

• 1 month later...

Found a part number for this gasket/seal a bit accidentally yesterday while researching a Polo lock part number, it appears also on some Skoda drawings.

Cheap (price shown is before VAT) but haven't actually spoken to a Skoda or VW dealer about availability. 

I've got some coming via ebay for the convenience but might just grab a few from local dealership if still available, for futureproofing reasons.

529428716_Screenshot2023-04-1510_33_49.thumb.png.974f7f6c223ee54e0d6250d5328b070a.png

• Like 1