Headlight indication in instrument panel.

Hi All,

I have a Superb Mk3 (SEL Facelift) - It has auto lights, which is great and all working - I've had the car 3 months and only just needed to drive it in the dark last week.

I noticed that there was no indication within the dashboard that my lights were on - I manually switched them on and still no indication that my lights were on. They are working - because I can see them on.

Is there a setting that I havn't switched on - if so, can someone guide me through this. Or is it that the Superb no longer shows you that your lights are on.

ps - only just found a brilliant feature - which is to put your full beam in Auto Mode - obviously for country roads and no street lights - It only puts the full beam on if nothing is around and when it's dark. A very handy feature when driving on those country roads where you needed to switch off the full beam to avoid blinding teh car in opposite direction, and back on again when they've passed.

Thanks in Advance.

Jay.

Thanks Bigman1976, I'll look out for it next time the lights come on - However, if that is the only indication, then this is definatley a flaw, as I'd like to see within the instrument panel what is "on" and what isn't.

If you saw this (sorry didn't see this) in your pre-facelift model then I'll assume mine won't have any indication either (bar what you said).

Thanks

Jay.

4 hours ago, jakk said:

I noticed that there was no indication within the dashboard that my lights were on

There is no actual requirement for a "dip beam light", and some of us find having one irritating in half-light conditions.

@jakk the tell tale is on the switch only. Like you, I prefer it on the dashboard like is typically on PSA stuff, but that's life.

I have good news for you about your automatic high beam though, the system on your SEL is actually a little more clever than you might realise: 

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/press-kits/skoda-superb-press-kit/lighting-first-skoda-to-feature-full-led-matrix-headlights/

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bigman1976 said:

My pre-facelift doesn’t have an indication on the dash but the actual light switch by your right knee should illuminate when the headlights switch on. 

Another way to check that your headlights are on:

The Columbus (or Amundsen) screen shifts into dark mode while your dashboard should dim a bit to prevent you from being dazzled by inner lights.

You can notice/check that easily when driving under a bridge or a short tunnel, if it's dark enough to trigger the headlights automatically. ;) 

Edited by Bap33