Interior bike carrier?

Hi all,

I’ve come across (didn’t know they existed) an interior cycle carrier for Skoda’s. Looks quite good. 
does anyone have any practical

experience of using one; are they any good and do they work With thru-axle’s as all our cycles have these types now?

My bikes have sealed bearings and are used for cycling in all weathers all year around.

Thankfully not made of chocolate and neither are the bearings.

I do not put bikes on the roof as i could not get in or out places with barriers which are common at forest car parks or getting under railway bridges /tunnels near beaches. 

The bikes are out back on a rack if not inside.

I cannot understand how airflow would dry out grease, even if that were so then riding the bike would surely have the same effect  unless its one of these bikes that does thousands of miles on the roof of a car for a couple of 500m trips to the shop or restaurant.

Water ingress I could understand.

Believe me, I've had loads of trouble with one of my bikes, water ingress then leading to corroded bearings. Even having it on the back of the car where its still blown dry on the way home just seems to be a catalyst for things rusting. Maybe I just need to buy a better bike :-)

When popping to the local trails the bike goes on the back. With family or friends in tow it goes on the roof. On my tod for a weekend away it goes inside with the wheels off. Don't like the idea of stopping with the bike on the outside. Plus with only me in the car I don't have to put up with limited economy.

3 hours ago, ffvrs said:

Believe me, I've had loads of trouble with one of my bikes, water ingress then leading to corroded bearings.

I do indeed believe you, it was the drying out of the bearings that was implausible.