Brake pad rattle?

Picked up my 3rd Vrs last weekend and overall I’m really happy with it, this is my first mk3 fwiw. 

When we picked the car up I heard a rattle which I put down to a front drop link and as I will be lowering the car I wasn’t fussed as I’ll change the links at the same time as the springs. I’ve had a lie under the car today and the links seem fine. 

The rattle happens when going over rough ground or potholes but not softer bumps or speed bumps. There is also a knock when stopping in reverse as if the pads are moving upwards in the carrier. All pads and discs are new, pads are cheap eicher ones from euro by the looks of it. 

Is this an issue anyone has heard of before? 

I’ve had the knock in reverse before but not the rattle over bumps. I’ll try and attach a video and pic of the pad in the carrier. 

E7464086-CF23-484A-9603-CCDA9940E4D8.jpeg

The 340mm front brakes on the Octavia MK3 RS is a TRW brake system.

8V0698151C

front brake pads with wear indicator for 340x30mm front brake discs

https://www.lllparts.co.uk/catalogs/skoda/CZ/OCT/753/6/615/615040

TRW GDB2114 front brake pads for 340mm front brake discs on the Octavia MK3 8V0698151C25217 TRW Front Axle, incl. wear warning contact, with brake caliper screws, with accessories Height: 69,7mm, Width: 175,2mm, Thickness: 20,0mm Brake pad set GDB2114 cheap

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/trw/11288579

Edited by Carlston

Went and spoke to the seller today and the car has to go in next weekend (earliest I could do) and they’ll look it over. I was toying with chucking a set of pads in it but I shouldn’t have to. 

thanks for the replies. 

They can clunk even with genuine pads. The caliper guide is slightly larger than the pads to prevent the pads expanding and becoming stuck when really hot. Most performance brakes do this but they have a large spring clip to keep the pad in place. The TRW calipers do not for whatever reason and causes the pad to move and clunk slightly.

I had Brembo pads put onto my Superb 280 and they clunk over rough surfaces but don't clunk over the same surface if I apply the brakes slightly. I can even move the pad with ease using just my finger. Car been into my mechanic 3 times since having them fitted and now he is going to change the pads. I told him I wanted TRW as the OEM ones are nearly 3 times the cost but I don't think he likes my opinion!

Edited by the_wiley