Floor matts and other kits recommendation?

Hello

First post as i've Just bought my first Skoda - L&K Superb with 80K on it. Really enjoying being in it.

All the removable items have been removed - assume by last owner.

Please could people recommend where i should look to buy, and if there are options, which one:

• floor matts, (i'm thinking some nice carpet ones, with rubber backing and actually fit the locking features)
  • boot matt (or complete boot liner),
  • safety triangle,
  • ice scraper,

Also whilst i'm asking, a thermal mug that fits the small cup holders. (only thing i don't like about the car is that they have tried to put three similar size cup holders in the space of 2!)

Thanks in advance for any recommendations

Regarding matts, I´ve got 2 sets:

- original carpet version for summer

- rubber version for winter

Don’t forget the rubber tunnel cover.

Emergency safety kit is also a ´nice to have’ especially if you  have young kids

Antitheft wheel nuts depending on where you live.

Rear bumper protection if an estate version

• Like 1

I can’t find an online link, but our Tesco Extra does an own-brand flip-top flask/mug that fits our cup holder. Button flips lid open and the lid is out of the line of sight as you drink. Keeps my coffee hot enough for 4hr+. About a tenner. 

Hopefully the OE Ice Scraper is still attached to the fuel filler flap? It’d be a bloody cheek if it wasn’t, as it comes with the car! 

Whilst they’re not cheap, I’d also go for OE carpet and rubber mats as the quality is excellent. 

Horton has them in stock here.

• Like 3

On 03/09/2022 at 12:50, Simon TDI Sport said:

Have a look at these for car mats https://www.carmats4u.com

I bought the plastic boot tray there and it's great. Fits perfect and a good inch deep so any muck etc in it just sits there waiting either for a rapid vacuum, or simply lifting the tray out and dropping the muck out.

£29.99 and highly recommended for hikers (mud), beach visits (sand) and no doubt for those with kids or even cyclists chucking some stuff in the boot. 

Just lifts out too, so can always be kept in the garage when not required, although mine just lives in the boot.

• Like 2

On 04/09/2022 at 11:32, brettikivi said:

Reasonably sure my camelback forge fits. Will check. 

Camelbak forge does *not* fit, it's a tad too large. Base is around 69mm diameter, so something closer to 65mm is going to be necessary to fit well. 

• Thanks 1

On 06/09/2022 at 18:48, numskull said:

Hopefully the OE Ice Scraper is still attached to the fuel filler flap? It’d be a bloody cheek if it wasn’t, as it comes with the car! 

Whilst they’re not cheap, I’d also go for OE carpet and rubber mats as the quality is excellent. 

Horton has them in stock here.

No, everything was taken, even the ice scrapper. 

do the Skoda carpet matts have a rubber backing so they grip better (in the rear, where no clips) and stop moisture getting through? 

I used to use these guys all the time, but I'm not sure whether they ship packages over 2kg to the UK any more.

I have a full set of rubber mats, the mat over the rear transmission tunnel, and a really comfy alcantara front middle armrest cover with stitching to match  my sportline seats.

http://www.kopacek.com/Skoda/SUPERB-III/Floor-mats-Carpets/

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi @MunsterScot

planning to be a S3 owner shortly and also looking at diamond car mats, would you share a pic or 2?

how do you find:

-overall coverage (up to an inch gap is acceptable and has some complaints)

-the fixings to the floor- do they sit well, complaints of slippage?

-delivery time frame acceptable? 

-you general experience- I am slightly worried that these could be a tad slippy when it’s damp outside?

any insights- Appreciated!

I'm hoping the  dark brown ones will match with the brown L&K leather! 

• 2 weeks later...

@Antgj

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you

Overall Coverage: I find the mats a good fit and give a lot of coverage as they also cover the sides as well as just the floor.  The rear mat also covers the tunnel as well so you don't have to buy one of those separate.

Fixings to the floor:  In general the fix well.  They have a combination of velcro and plastic tabs you push under the plastic trim of the car to hold them in place.  Only issue I've had is with the drivers mat slipping forward.  But that is more to do with the wife not lifting her feet when she gets in / out of the car rather.  She has the tendency to push on the mat with her feet pushing it forward.  As a result her heels end up not being on the plastic reinforcing part of the mat resulting in a hole wearing in it (you will see what I mean in the photos attached).

Delivery time:  It was over 18 months ago I got them so can't fully remember but I think it was around 3 - 4 weeks.  I think it gives estimated delivery times on the web site.

General:  I've found them good.  Good it and cover well.  Decent quality.  I haven't found them slippy in the wet.  Makes cleaning the car quicker because the cover so much of the carpet and when you lift them out because they have the sides on them it keeps all the dirt on the mat.  Cleaning them is easy.  I either use a sponge and warm water when washing the car or just use so wipes.

I'll attached some pictures so hopefully you can see what like they are.  A couple of the photos also show the drivers mat which is currently out of the car.   Due to the size limit of 10Mb for photos they will be over a couple of posts.  First two are of the drivers mat out of the car.     

IMG_3514.JPG

IMG_3515.JPG

• Like 1

Thank you @MunsterScotmuch appreciated.  Look like they are doing the job well and provide good coverage. 
I do like the rear tunnel coverage in one piece and the side coverage. Looks good in your sport line. 
I did order the dark brown options shortly after my post and opted for express delivery- (got my car earlier this week) they have been dispatched and I’ll post some pics once received and fitted as I have brown leather interior. I did contact them but no sample service is available. 

• 1 month later...

To complete my input on this thread my diamond car mats arrived (approx 6 week delivery time with express delivery) 

So fitted today, super easy, do like the way they tuck into the car trim. And the mats are nice and thick. Time will tell.

Also happy with the brown colouring against my brown leather interior. 
Whatever you do don’t buy at full price as many discount codes available and a brief flick on their FB page will reveal some dated 20% off codes that still work. 

42A93A1A-E605-4478-B2D1-CB92436F8511.jpeg

B008C60E-94FB-4A2F-B78E-ADBE85B26CF2.jpeg

F7A0AA17-BDB1-414C-A43E-B4ED4BB15365.jpeg

3559ED15-7C9E-407F-8678-5BEF9A78DCBC.jpeg

• Like 1

Slightly off topic but still in relation to floor mats, what do most people do when the driver's floor mat is showing it's age (wear and tear) but the others are still in pristine condition?

I've gotten the case where my mat is showing signs of heel damage just below the brake pedal. I ordered the deluxe floor mats from carandvanmats, a bit expensive but they seem pretty good except for the above-mentioned issue.

It doesn't appear that these companies sell individual/replacement mats on their own (and if they do it seems to cost about half the price of the entire set!). I'm tempted to order a rubber heel pad from AliExpress and fix it over the damaged area.

Any thoughts on this matter?

On 29/12/2022 at 14:01, Antgj said:

To complete my input on this thread my diamond car mats arrived (approx 6 week delivery time with express delivery) 

So fitted today, super easy, do like the way they tuck into the car trim. And the mats are nice and thick. Time will tell.

Also happy with the brown colouring against my brown leather interior. 
Whatever you do don’t buy at full price as many discount codes available and a brief flick on their FB page will reveal some dated 20% off codes that still work. 

42A93A1A-E605-4478-B2D1-CB92436F8511.jpeg

B008C60E-94FB-4A2F-B78E-ADBE85B26CF2.jpeg

F7A0AA17-BDB1-414C-A43E-B4ED4BB15365.jpeg

3559ED15-7C9E-407F-8678-5BEF9A78DCBC.jpeg

Have a set of these in the wife's VW UP and they are brilliant. Have a set on order for the Superb. They clean really well and, unlike the OEM mats 'bits' don't get stuck in the weave ! Also when you lift the OME mats out the still have stuff underneath to hoover again. Also with the diamond covers THEY WILL SELL YOU JUST THE DRIVERS MAT so you don't have to buy the whole set. Highly recommended

Haven't ordered the boot one or a liner as I have the Velcro luggage steadies which need carpet to work 

On 01/01/2023 at 10:05, SomethingSuperbly said:

Slightly off topic but still in relation to floor mats, what do most people do when the driver's floor mat is showing it's age (wear and tear) but the others are still in pristine condition?

I've gotten the case where my mat is showing signs of heel damage just below the brake pedal. I ordered the deluxe floor mats from carandvanmats, a bit expensive but they seem pretty good except for the above-mentioned issue.

It doesn't appear that these companies sell individual/replacement mats on their own (and if they do it seems to cost about half the price of the entire set!). I'm tempted to order a rubber heel pad from AliExpress and fix it over the damaged area.

Any thoughts on this matter?

My fix on my last few cars has been just to buy the OEM rubber front mat set and keep the drivers mat in all the time. It has a proper lip to catch all dirt and stones around the edges. And they look brand new after a blast with the jet wash

18 minutes ago, Patent said:

My fix on my last few cars has been just to buy the OEM rubber front mat set and keep the drivers mat in all the time. It has a proper lip to catch all dirt and stones around the edges. And they look brand new after a blast with the jet wash

Good to know !