help for buying tow bar

hi, i have a 1.4 140hp , model 2014 saloon.

should i choose  skoda's tow bar or an aftermarket ?

i found these 2 serials, which seems the same and they are both suitable for octavia iii

5e9092155  and 5e0803881c  . which is the correct?

also, if i choose the skoda's towbar or an aftermarket, i suppose i can buy whatever brand etc i want for the wiring harness. right?

sorry for my english if is bad 

Fitting the tow bar itself is only half the battle. 

You need dedicated wiring to the tow bar and it all needs coding to the vehicle with a special control unit also. 

If its not done this way and instead using 'universal' wiring you will end up with issues including parking sensors beeping, acc not working and bulb warnings.

• Like 1

Hi, I already know these things.

I will use the tow bar for a small simple bicycle stand, without taillights.

Also I don't have acc.

Parking sensors are aftermarket and I can install a on/off putting by myself

But my question is about the correct tow bar and the serial of the appropriate  original

A very quick google suggests:

- 5E9 parts are for a Scout (4x4)

- 5E0 are for 'normal' models

I'm not sure what the difference between 5E0 804 875 and 5E0 804 875 C is though...

I'd suggest you contact Skoda to see what part they suggest for your VIN :)

Taken from an accessories pdf:

image.png.f72300fed9f35dde41537f09eb4e3d9e.png

• Like 1

Here are the options for your car

I have attached MY2015 for an "F" VIN

The parts are same for MY2014 with "E" VIN

Octavia 2015(F) 092-050.pdf

Beware of numbers taken from Google, the ones you provided don't always show in parts catalog.

Part 1 in document is for a fixed tow bar, and won't fit Octavia Scout

Part 2 in document is for removable tow bar 5E0 092 155 with PRCode: 7LM = Vehicle class differentiation -5E0-

5E9 092 155 is a removable tow bar for Scout only

Best follow @langers2k advice to contact a dealer, get yourself a quote (email?) and supply VIN/Registration plate to price up the job.

You can then use part list to order yourself if they send this in quote.

Hi Haris,

Fitting a towbar for a simple bike rack seems like an expensive solution to get what you need . The towbar and fitting won't be cheap so have you considered a boot or.roof based bike mount as that will be much easier and cheaper ?

For the price of the towbar you will be able to get a good alternative boot/roof option .

Cheers

• 4 months later...

Please could any Skoda tow bar afficiandos explain why there is a 'compatability front wheel drive only' with this tow bar?

https://shop.wingsskoda.co.uk/products/skoda-tow-bar-octavia-ii

Have a Skoda scout, have seen Tow bars on both scouts and other 4x4 estates, so curious as to why

Many thanks!

Edited by greyskodahead

55 minutes ago, greyskodahead said:

Please could any Skoda tow bar afficiandos explain why there is a 'compatability front wheel drive only' with this tow bar?

https://shop.wingsskoda.co.uk/products/skoda-tow-bar-octavia-ii

Have a Skoda scout, have seen Tow bars on both scouts and other 4x4 estates, so curious as to why

Many thanks!

The 4x4 and Scout will likely have slight different mountings due to the rear diff.

The MK2 Octavia accessories brochure confirms it's a different part number:

image.png.10916ce2cb41a5fd909bf3d61a5fc203.png

I think it's also known as 1Z0092155A but check before buying.

Please note these parts are for a MK2 as that's what @greyskodahead seems to have even though this is a post in the MK3 section :)

22 minutes ago, langers2k said:

The 4x4 and Scout will likely have slight different mountings due to the rear diff.

The MK2 Octavia accessories brochure confirms it's a different part number:

/cdn-cgi/mirage/ca74ccc0c958c90dcfb1f2893c53ba68e43e63c06f0ba81c9f9acb2c1959ac8e/1280/https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_02/image.png.10916ce2cb41a5fd909bf3d61a5fc203.png

I think it's also known as 1Z0092155A but check before buying.

Please note these parts are for a MK2 as that's what @greyskodahead seems to have even though this is a post in the MK3 section /cdn-cgi/mirage/ca74ccc0c958c90dcfb1f2893c53ba68e43e63c06f0ba81c9f9acb2c1959ac8e/1280/https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/emoticons/emoticon-0100-smile.gif

Thank you, my bad for posting in wrong section, forum search skills for niche questions are nascent