New car key cut

okmate

Hi guys ive purchased a new car key for my sons car as it only had the one key with the fob integrated, the key came with a small glass item that fits in the key, the key opens the driver door great but obviously it dont start the car, is there a way that it can be programmed?? 

3 minutes ago, okmate said:

I purchased the new key from ebay it unlocks all the doors perfectly but doesn't start the car,the rfid chip transponder is inserted within the key,do i need to program this now?

heres a website ive found is this correct >

https://www.programyourkeys.com/Program_Car_Keys_-_Skoda.html

That link is for pairing the new key to the central locking not the immobiliser chip, to do that you need to read the immobiliser PIN code from the speedo unit then with VCDS you can match that RFID chip to the immobiliser or Timpsons shoe menders might be able to just read the chip in the original key and copy it to the new one