Mystery fastening

paco

25 minutes ago, Phutters said:

I think the warning triangle is optional. Doesn't make much sense, because you don't have the choice as to whether you need a warning triangle or not.

It's defo the warning triangle. Not a requirement in the UK but think all or most mainland European countries have a legal requirement to carry a warning triangle.

Edited by kodiaqsportline
  • Like 1

When you buy one make sure it fits the space.  I have one from a previously owned Passat. It doesn't fit.  

Just like the underseat umbrella, Skoda/VW have two different lengths of black compact umbrella. Needless to say only one fits.

tom

I transferred mine from my previous Golf SV, and actually bought it in an Audi dealers as they were the cheapest of my local VAG dealers.

Chris

There are usually loads on eBay.

People whose cars have them as standard somehow seem to forget to put them back in the boot when they either return or sell the cars.

You could argue that it’s a bit dishonest flogging something that really belongs with the car, but I can’t be too sanctimonious about it because that’s where I bought mine.

11 hours ago, Phutters said:

People whose cars have them as standard somehow seem to forget to put them back in the boot when they either return or sell the cars.

You could argue that it’s a bit dishonest flogging something that really belongs with the car, but I can’t be too sanctimonious about it because that’s where I bought mine.

No guilty conscience problem with mine.  The Passat went in under under the Scrappage scheme.  Anything removable was removed.  Glad I did this as the Yeti I bought just had the gloop puncture repair, pump and nothing else.  The Passat jack etc fitted perfectly in the boot cutouts.

tom 

No guilty conscience problem with mine

Nor here. None of my cars ever came with one as standard. I had to buy one a few years ago when I took my car to the Netherlands (via France & Belgium), I've transferred it to every car since😀

13 hours ago, Phutters said:

Only if it's not your car - ie it's bought on PCP or leased. However with the cars I buy, the accessories belong to me, not the car.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies, everyone, i thought it may be for the triangle unfortunately the AA one i bought for my Yeti is too long to fit in the space 😒 

On 21/09/2022 at 22:19, Phutters said:

Still have and use umbrella from my leased 2005 Superb. Much better than the Karoq one under the seat which has never yet been used apart from testing it works - too small

On 20/09/2022 at 18:30, kodiaqsportline said:

It's defo the warning triangle. Not a requirement in the UK but think all or most mainland European countries have a legal requirement to carry a warning triangle.

I have never owned a car which came with a warning triangle. Also, please bear in mind that for Spain you need 2 triangles, an also, if you need glasses for driving you need to take a spare pair.

The warning triangle I bought had the VAG part number 8KO 860 251 / 1Y0.093.055, and fits perfectly. It was quite expensive at £39 back in 2014, but is good quality.

Chris