Chest Pains.

vRS19TD

Well, as a typical bloke, the last place i want to go is the doctors, but after 2 days of suffering chest and stomach pains and also needing to be very close to a toilet for the last day, do you think i should go to the docs or just see how it goes??? :confused:

Daft question really, as i know the answer but i don't really trust my doctors after they missed my brother needing a double hernia op and also missed my Dads cancer and made some comment about him walking slowly, even though he too needed a hernia operation and had to walk with a stick. :mad:

change doctors... some of them are proper useless!

My old one told he that he "wouldnt have event bothered strapping it" as regards my then broken colllarbone. His only advice was "not to do any heavy lifiting". Told me if I wanted a second a opinon to go to A&E so I did. They were horrified at what he had told me!

Also he completely missed my Dad's (ultimately fatal) brain tumor!

change doctors... some of them are proper useless!

My old one told he that he "wouldnt have event bothered strapping it" as regards my then broken colllarbone. His only advice was "not to do any heavy lifiting". Told me if I wanted a second a opinon to go to A&E so I did. They were horrified at what he had told me!

Also he completely missed my Dad's (ultimately fatal) brain tumor!

Chest pains have gone now but stomach pains are coming and going. Supposed to be going to Blackpool tomorrow but can't get into the docs until next week, so may have to cancel as the driving might be a bit risky and i know toilets are a bit few and far between in Blackpool!!:eek: :rolleyes:

A&E here isn't that much better. When i was about 8, i got accidently smacked over the back of the head with a golf club. Blood was pooring out of my head and i got driven to A&E. After waiting about 3 hours for someone to see me, they glued my head up and sent me on my way. Surely i should have had x-rays/head examinations to see if it had damaged my skull or caused any sweeling of my pea brain!! :rolleyes:

My wife spent a year suffering near constant Tonsilitus, head aches and fatigue. The GP said she was imagining it all so we went to the local Minor Injuries Unit one day when she was really bad.

A south Afican chap told her she needed her tonsils and adenoids out ASAP. After a lot of firm persuation the GP put her forward for it and suprise suprise, she's been fit and well ever since.

My wife spent a year suffering near constant Tonsilitus' date=' head aches and fatigue. The GP said she was imagining it all so we went to the local Minor Injuries Unit one day when she was really bad.

A south Afican chap told her she needed her tonsils and adenoids out ASAP. After a lot of firm persuation the GP put her forward for it and suprise suprise, she's been fit and well ever since.[/quote']

It's shocking the state of some of the GPs lately. Are any of them actually trained to do the job or do they just pluck names out of a hat for what job they'll be doing, as seen in an episode of Family Guy!!! :rolleyes:

GP's lives are easier if you have something simple (like being pregnant, having a veruca or a broken leg) - How dare you go to see one if you have something non-descript that they dont see every day !

In all seriosuness, my Mum would probably diagnose your symptoms as trapped wind. You should eat some fruit, have a good fart and a poo - after that you'll probably feel a lot better.

In all seriosuness, my Mum would probably diagnose your symptoms as trapped wind. You should eat some fruit, have a good fart and a poo - after that you'll probably feel a lot better.

The problem with that is, to be graphic, i've had the trots since Wednesday afternoon, so i want to know how anything could be trapped when it's flowing freely!! :o:D

The problem with that is, to be graphic, i've had the trots since Wednesday afternoon, so i want to know how anything could be trapped when it's flowing freely!! :o:D

Sorry, I was thinking more of water falls that pebble dashing!

Hi, I'm not a doc either.

If you are still needing the loo, perhaps ask your local pharmacist to suggest a "bottle of something" that will replace natural salts lost from continuing dehydration.

It sounds unlikely to be "something I ate". I'm not sure how viral infections get better, as antibiotics work for bacterial whatevers. :rubchin:

What puzzles me is how chest pains entered the equation (aside from the obvious acid reflux possibility).

Definitely expert knowledge required from someone methinks...

Regards

Mo

You have a viral infection.

VIRUS - Very Important Reason for Unexplained Sickness.

No wonder there are so many poor GP's when they have this "Get out of Jail Free" card :rolleyes:

You need expert advice. If you're not keen on your GP (who is? ;) ) you could ring NHS Direct. They have always been very helpful when I've used them, but I suppose like everything, it does depend who you get at the time. I have never had any cause for complaint.

In the meantime it's really important you focus on keeping your fluids up. Without wanting to scare you too much you can end up very ill if your electrolytes and other levels become too low.

BTW I'm mental health, not general, so do what you like with my off the record opinion ;)

NOT a DOCTOR ( company wouldn't pay for course and doubt if textiles count:lol: ) however what have you been eating? sounds like trapped wind followed bya jippy tummy, (natures way of clearing it up) hope I am correct and nowt more serious, but I reccomend half doz. pints newcastle brown ale. (unless this was cause in first place - if so drink whiskey)

• 1 year later...

So did you end up going to the GP or what? Sounds like gastro. Did you also have stomach cramps and vomiting? Coz if you did then I'd go with gastro. Nasty thing gastro. That or your pregnant and had morning sickness. Kidding! :rofl:

So did you end up going to the GP or what? Sounds like gastro. Did you also have stomach cramps and vomiting? Coz if you did then I'd go with gastro. Nasty thing gastro. That or your pregnant and had morning sickness. Kidding! :rofl:

That was like a year ago!! :rofl:

I didn't go to my GP in the end, it just cleared up and haven't had the same pain since. Though, did have a problem at the gym a few weeks ago when it felt like my heart stopped but obviously, still going!!! :rolleyes::D

That was like a year ago!! :rofl:

I didn't go to my GP in the end, it just cleared up and haven't had the same pain since. Though, did have a problem at the gym a few weeks ago when it felt like my heart stopped but obviously, still going!!! :rolleyes::D

You have a heart! :eek:

Kidding! :rofl:

if its chest pains as well, could be your gall bladder/gall stones

were the pains more on the right side???

I'd go docs, just insist on seeing someone, know your rights, be firm:rofl: