New kamiq on order

Carkus

Got my new kamiq ordered through national vehicle solutions 2 weeks ago. 1.0 TSI (110) SE L Executive. My kodiaq which I leased through them goes back middle of march. Praying for no delays and comes in time for the kodiaq going back!

1 hour ago, Carkus said:

Got my new kamiq ordered through national vehicle solutions 2 weeks ago. 1.0 TSI (110) SE L Executive. My kodiaq which I leased through them goes back middle of march. Praying for no delays and comes in time for the kodiaq going back!

Should have also said DSG!

This is suggesting 5 months for Kamiq, or 6 months for DDG versions

So second half of March appears to be a fair guess, which should be about the time you need it

https://www.marnet-mobility.de/aktuelle-lieferzeiten.html

Just now, carefree said:

Don’t hold your breath, I’ve seen posts on a Kamiq UK fb group whereby some are waiting 10 months plus.  Not trying to be an arse, just letting you know what you could expect.

Crossing my fingers that isn't the case but I know it is a possibility. Hoping VWFS will let me extend my lease a month at a time on my kodiaq if the kamiq is delayed

Yeah it’s absurd and affects all manufacturers I’m afraid.  If it was me I’d be badgering my dealer to source me one from a cancelled order, there are always some floating about ready to be snapped up.  You may need to be flexible with colour, spec etc but if you aren’t too fussy you could get lucky.

Ive even read that Skoda aren’t taking orders for metallic paint, though that could be rumour/bull****.

3 minutes ago, carefree said:

Yeah it’s absurd and affects all manufacturers I’m afraid.  If it was me I’d be badgering my dealer to source me one from a cancelled order, there are always some floating about ready to be snapped up.  You may need to be flexible with colour, spec etc but if you aren’t too fussy you could get lucky.

Ive even read that Skoda aren’t taking orders for metallic paint, though that could be rumour/bull****.

I just went for the basic energy blue colour. Took no options on it. Was an extra £18 a month for another colour, not fussed about what colour it is. I spoke to a dealer and they said its a lottery with new car deliveries. Some are coming earlier than the expected lead time and some later with no rhyme or reason to it. Another issue that's affecting deliveries is some of the factories that make some of the components are in Ukraine.

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/10/2022 at 20:15, Carkus said:

Crossing my fingers that isn't the case but I know it is a possibility. Hoping VWFS will let me extend my lease a month at a time on my kodiaq if the kamiq is delayed

If you’ve ordered one VWFS car to replace a current VWFS car then you can simply click a few buttons on your VWFS account page and ask to extend your present car for X months.

I’ve just done it for our Polo that terminates in December while replacement won’t arrive till January or February.

And the exact same issue will arise for my Kodiaq that terminates in March and I haven’t ordered a new one yet.

ps - I’ve declined the offer to buy the car from BCA - the VWFS disposal company - because their buying price is top dollar in line with every car showing on Auto Trader. No surprise there.

• 2 weeks later...

Good choice of model and colour, i.e. the cheapest colour.  Looking on the Skoda website, that blue energy looks pretty much the same basic colour as on my 2020 Kamiq SEL DSG.  If it is, it's been around quite some time.  Looking around around car parks, it seems that pretty well every manufacturer has a colour close to the energy blue one of Skoda, and not just in the VW group.

As regards delivery times, it seems that it can be quicker to go hybrid or electric.  A friend recently ordered a Nissan Juke petrol version but then when the hybrid came out changed his order to that when he found he could have a hybrid in August as opposed to the petrol one early next year!

My physio found, too, that an Enyaq would be available quicker than one of the large petrol Skoda SUVs.

• 3 weeks later...

I've ordered my 1.0 TSI Kamiq (nothing fancy in it) in January 2022. Was initially scheduled for September, than moved to October then December. It is now expteceted for February 2023.

But I know several people with orders from March who already recieved their cars ... it's weird, expect everything. 

Note:

Car ordered in Bulgaria (EU).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So far my build has been pushed back, currently has an unconfirmed build week of 15 (week beginning 10th April). Hoping its not going to be delayed further but I'm not holding my breath.

Luckily I'm able to extend my Kodiaq lease a month at a time and hand it back anytime without any penalty.

With leases from VWFS you can arrange an informal extension of up to 6 months (after the contracted period has ended) whereby you can send the car back at any point during the extension without penalty. 

• 1 month later...

After several further delays it eventually showed an unconfirmed build week of 18 (week beginning 1st of may). And today finally had confirmation that it has gone confirmed at the factory with build week 18 so it is in build currently. So fingers crossed only another few short weeks to be able to take delivery!