Time for a General Election?

@Lee

Should the Government call a General Election  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Government call a General Election?

• Yes
    • No

Interesting piece in an article I saw talking about JDS (Johnson Derangement Syndrome)

Johnson Derangement Syndrome consumes his enemies, who can see no good in him, and his friends, who can see no bad, or none that isn’t outweighed by his jokes, animal spirits and zest for life.

So it may be savvier to take a cool view – as we read that he is ready to return from a beach holiday, itself taken during Parliamentary termtime, so that the Conservative Party can return him to the premiership from which Tory MPs ejected him, scarcely more than three months ago.

After forcing out Johnson, replacing him with someone worse and then bringing him back again, most voters would respond: “kindly leave the stage”.  Conservative members may not grasp the extent to which their party is becoming a joke – here and abroad.  The very word “conservative” risks becoming unmentionable in polite society (indeed, in any kind of society at all).

The article? It's from the tory members 'Bible' 'Conservative Home'.

https://conservativehome.com/2022/10/21/totentanz/?fbclid=IwAR2ycINaIoY4EsZPcOGHa1wOD1rQTD1g8KkMiFhQiWl3xtWINVmfJDdlfdg

• Like 2

Penny Mordaunt MP has this afternoon pulled the 'i understanding people, know about being short of money, needing a fare to work etc.'

Not something she has paid her self since a MP without claiming it back.

Good memory from someone in parliament since 2010 that has had 9 ministerial jobs and 3 senior positions has not earned less than £80,000 in the time.

Maybe sadly when 13-15 year old she struggled for cash, maybe working for a charity in Romania and other charities since she struggled or while at University.

But then she was working, working for politicians in the UK and the USA,  Working for businesses and charities, sometimes 2 or 3 places in at the same time.

Struggling for air fares and train fares maybe was an issue.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penny_Mordaunt

http://desmog.com/media-intelligence-partners

Bullwark or Bull Sh!t?

http://northeastbylines.co.uk/from-bulwark-to-albion-penny-mordaunts-naval-service

Screenshot 2022-10-23 19.42.02.png

Screenshot 2022-10-23 22.58.02.jpg

Edited by roottoot
  • Like 1

Lots of people saying Johnson hasn't yet reached 100 backers. Johnson saying he has but only 50 odd have done so publicly. You won't know the others, they went to a different school. Who to believe where Johnson's concerned with his track record of reality and truth being so far apart.

Sunak has over 140 now and Mordaunt trailing behind. 2pm tomorrow we shall know the truth. Perhaps sooner if Johnson pulls out earlier. Johnson pulling out early will be a first.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cheezemonkhai said:

This probably explains a lot. I’m in total shock and pretty angry too 😮😮😮😡😡🤬🤬

This person should have their party membership removed along with anyone pushing similar opinions.

We really do need an 'ANGRY' reaction emoji after listening to this utter CR4P !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

We really do need an 'ANGRY' reaction emoji after listening to this utter CR4P !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

With people like him in little Englandshire, you can totally understand why people want out.

Utter contemptible b*ll*%k$ and they wouldn’t back down even when presented with hard facts. 

I’d have liked an Angry emoji too when I saw it. 

• Like 4

I saw that clip yesterday evening and like you both I was seething. I'm afraid that there's a lot who think the same way. This sort of talk was once kept under the radar but racism has begun to rear its ugly head in the past few years unfortunately. 
I hope his boss if he has one heard this and I hope the party themselves find out who he is (LBC would have a log of his number) and he's kicked out. That said, he's a Johnson fanboi and we know what his views are from his past pieces for the Telegraph amongst others. This is why I doubted Sunak would win last time around - some of the tory party members can't possibly imagine a world where a non white, British person can be PM. Johnson was, of course born in New York. 

5 minutes ago, skomaz said:

Looks like Boris isn't standing after all... 

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-politics-63327087

Good. Looks like it's Sunak then. I hope that caller to LBC is choking on his own vitriol. 

Thoughts and prayers with Nadine Dorries at this difficult time ;) 

Edited by @Lee

52 minutes ago, cheezemonkhai said:

With people like him in little Englandshire, you can totally understand why people want out.

Utter contemptible b*ll*%k$ and they wouldn’t back down even when presented with hard facts. 

He also seemed to confuse himself with 'British' and 'English'. It appeared to me, at least, like he started ranting about British as that keeps things a little less specific and racist sounding, but once his full KKK persona was revealed it suddenly became about being English, an almost nailed on sign that he is a racist PR1CK!

I'm going away for a cup of tea and to calm down

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, cheezemonkhai said:

If you believe it.

The more I see like that the more suspicious I become. That was a TV studio and not a Radio studio, superb lighting and recording but none of the usual noise reduction equipment essential for radio, she was doing an item to camera with all the practiced gestures and expressions, some of the peoples voices on the phone ins are recognisable from other re-enactions.

I have an open mind, there is no doubt there are people like that, whether so many of them choose to phone in to LBC when they are producing video clips to be humiliated I just don't know. I do know that its tremendously popular with viewers.

• Groan 2

19 minutes ago, J.R. said:

If you believe it.

The more I see like that the more suspicious I become. That was a TV studio and not a Radio studio, superb lighting and recording but none of the usual noise reduction equipment essential for radio, she was doing an item to camera with all the practiced gestures and expressions, some of the peoples voices on the phone ins are recognisable from other re-enactions.

I have an open mind, there is no doubt there are people like that, whether so many of them choose to phone in to LBC when they are producing video clips to be humiliated I just don't know. I do know that its tremendously popular with viewers.

You'd have done better to just keep your trap shut. It's a radio studio with a camera on the presenter. Broadcasting has changed since they discontinued the light programme.
Are you going to be telling us you're an expert on broadcasting now? DIGITAL RADIO is a chuffing BIG clue for a start. 
You almost came across like you were trying to excuse his position. As for you having an 'open mind' - you'll have to convince me a bit more on that. 

Edited by @Lee
  • Like 1

TBH if I was Johnson I would have stayed out of it as you know you’ll get hammered and come to the rescue after an election wipe out.

Maybe he knows civil war in the party and party gate would make it a nightmare.

What I can say with certainty is that party members should never be allowed to chose a leader if the party is in power without triggering a GE. MPs yes, members no.  Labour and Conservation party members have both made choices that the majority of UK voters wouldn’t vote for.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

If you believe it.

Sorry, but in this case you’re wide if the mark. Everyone wondered why Truss won and why party members put everyone above Sunak in polling. You wondered but didn’t believe it to could be true.

Well we truly are back to the 70s with strikes, probable rolling power cuts and now these views being aired.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, cheezemonkhai said:

TBH if I was Johnson I would have stayed out of it as you know you’ll get hammered and come to the rescue after an election wipe out.

Maybe he knows civil war in the party and party gate would make it a nightmare.

What I can say with certainty is that party members should never be allowed to chose a leader if the party is in power without triggering a GE. MPs yes, members no.  Labour and Conservation party members have both made choices that the majority of UK voters wouldn’t vote for.

I think he only came back to troll 

On holiday during term time wasn't he? Hasn't he got any constituancy surgeries to attend now he's a back bencher?

Saw an opportunity so took it and failed abysmally. Who are these over 100 people who back him? More BS from the buffoon.

Still, at least he tucked his shirt in.

Edited by @Lee

I should add, if this was indeed a set-up with the phone in man, then it will come out in the wash quite quickly, as we all know TV folk can't keep their mouths shut for 5 minutes and so no secret would be safe for long. 

• Like 3

So yet another lie from Johnson; this time on him having 100 backers. He claimed he had 102 which is the EXACT number he needed (one proposer and one seconder plus 100 backers) when he had something like sixty. The man is an inveterate liar and he won't ever change. 

• Like 3

The ERG are going to get right behind whoever becomes the leader and then demand that they do what they want or they will have him or her out.

It is not going to be their 'her' so it will be 'he' who is supposed to bend over and assume the position this clique want.  

Rishi can raise more money to support him than the ERG can though no matter who they get their donations from. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can hear little Englanders heads exploding from here.

I still think there should be a general election though. That goes without saying. Three PMs in three months is a joke. 

Edited by @Lee
  • Like 1