Lowering Springs

Hello

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165650967773?ViewItem=&item=165650967773

I was looking online for reviews of these or same branded springs for other cars and found some mixed reviews.

Some said that they are too thin and not supportive enough (not reviews of these but same brand for other car, no a soul made a review of these) and so im apprehensive about buying them without this forum opinion.

anyone can give me some feedback 

6 hours ago, Esc said:

Some said that they are too thin and not supportive enough

These people wanted harder springs in the first place; the wire gauge and number of coils that a spring has are what determines its poundage ("supportiveness").

12 hours ago, Esc said:

anyone can give me some feedback 

I have Lowering springs in my Felicia for 20 years, Eibach and Apex.

DO NOT go for extreme situation otherwise you will have huge problem in road puddles or trying to enter a repair-shop (for example) because the front bumper of your car will be scratched on the ramp especially when you come out with reverse.

Yes, they are good ''for nice look" as the car is standing and in sport driving (together with proper shock absorbers which means extra cost).

I just want to lower it slightly... with the ebay springs 35mm/30mm front and rear and im getting KYB premium shock absorvers and all the rubbers and mounting stuff I can get to give the FUN a new ride on the road ( this was my plan )

so should I go for them? cant find anything else on the market without following the coilover route of some other topic here in the forum with GOLF and FOCUS coilovers I think

I have had no experience with LO springs, but when I just checked your link a set of Pro Sport springs showed as an alternative. Pro Sport I do recommend as I fitted a set to my Felicia back in 2012, they were cheap, but give a really good ride, and after a little cosmetic tidying in 2018, they are still on the car and working today!. 

Beware though that when you lower a felicia it can suffer from the eccentric spring cap grating against the inner shock tower wall when full steering lock is applied!. I had to fit eccentric alloy top mounts from comp brake to counteract it, and those are not cheap. 

• Like 1

On 05/11/2022 at 22:44, Favorit Fan said:

Pro Sport springs

I cant seem to find the springs you saw as an option. can you link? Also where did you manage to get the alloy top mounts?

Sorry, I was mistaken, the springs I saw are to fit my Fabia not Felicia : Ebay garage remembers the last car that you search for. I cannot find any Pro Sport springs listed. My strut tops were Golf Mk2 items direct from Compbrake in Lancashire. 

3 hours ago, Favorit Fan said:

Ebay garage remembers the last car that you search for. 

Do not rely 100% in those ''does this fit in my car?'' searches, some of them are with mistakes, same happened to me with Trodo.