Remap / chiptuning available for the 2.0tsi VRS!

1 minute ago, toot said:

There is no LSD, but there is a VAQ diff.  (needs oil changes at 3 years /30,000 miles or sooner.)

Yes you Are correct its not a mechanical LSD, ...didnt realise they needed oil change tho, I'll ask my local dealer as Service Manager stated that for my Yr3 service it would only be oil/oil filter change

• Like 1

Be sure to have it done, and correctly.  Service Managers are not Technicians or Mechanics. Sadly.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/501456-front-differential-to-gearbox-oil-leak

Those buying used ones need to be aware that Full Main Dealer Service History might be a history of not serviced to a Schedule, Recommendations or Guidelines because Dealership staff do not know what those actually are.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toot said:

Be sure to have it done, and correctly.  Service Managers are not Technicians or Mechanics. Sadly.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/501456-front-differential-to-gearbox-oil-leak

Those buying used ones need to be aware that Full Main Dealer Service History might be a history of not serviced to a Schedule, Recommendations or Guidelines because Dealership staff do not know what those actually are.

Thanks toot!

Very useful link 👍 

Luckily the service manager was the master technician at my local dealer and has a huge wealth of knowledge and still gets his hands dirty...

Ive been looking at extended service plans from Yr3 onwards but they only cover oil and filter !!

Thinking of going independent and using a relatives mate whos gone independent after 5yrs of being master technician at VW..

On 25/12/2022 at 19:08, TheUltraRunner said:

Racingline remap is also already available. +100 BHP over stock. Quite impressive numbers.
https://www.racingline.com/ea888-4-garrett-software

Their claims look really impressive, something I may well consider when mine's out of warrantee. It would be interesting to hear from somebody who's had this done what the results are, also how much?
It would be the low torque one for me as it's manual, I seem to remember reading somewhere that the higher powered fwd Seat Leons suffer from a lot of axle tramp too, so I wonder if this would become an issue?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BacktoaVRS said:

Their claims look really impressive, something I may well consider when mine's out of warrantee. It would be interesting to hear from somebody who's had this done what the results are, also how much?
It would be the low torque one for me as it's manual, I seem to remember reading somewhere that the higher powered fwd Seat Leons suffer from a lot of axle tramp too, so I wonder if this would become an issue?

I'm sure we will find out soon. There are also a lot of GTI owners who are waiting for a remap.
And I'm not much worried about the axle tramp since I don't practice hard accelerations from 1st do 2nd. I'm more interested in gains in higher gears.

1 hour ago, TheUltraRunner said:

I'm sure we will find out soon. There are also a lot of GTI owners who are waiting for a remap.
And I'm not much worried about the axle tramp since I don't practice hard accelerations from 1st do 2nd. I'm more interested in gains in higher gears.

I don't either to be fair, I've just over a year to wait for my warranty to run out anyway so hopefully any pros and cons will be better known by then. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BacktoaVRS said:

I don't either to be fair, I've just over a year to wait for my warranty to run out anyway so hopefully any pros and cons will be better known by then. 

I am already out of warranty, so I think I will do it 1st quarter 2023, I need to check in deep where before. For sure I would go for the Racingline one eyes closed, but considering that, besides Switzerland, their OEM+ Technical Centres in Europe is quite short, I think it's not my best option. The closest one is located 5 hours away from home, in Italy, so I do not want to imagine if I have to drive back and forth several times if I have issues.

be careful . avoid for tdi 2.0 and spec for 2.0 150ps .why. you can do that but change the oil every 8-10000km. (7,500miles) its ok for tsi because is new evo4 motors which is state of art but also with cautions ...problems with distributions, its recommended change oil also every 10 000km-15000km in that case . normally  change oil every 20000km. there are lots of dirt in oil if u drive in city mostly. tsi and tdi need open road

17 hours ago, Mario_Delgado said:

I am already out of warranty, so I think I will do it 1st quarter 2023, I need to check in deep where before. For sure I would go for the Racingline one eyes closed, but considering that, besides Switzerland, their OEM+ Technical Centres in Europe is quite short, I think it's not my best option. The closest one is located 5 hours away from home, in Italy, so I do not want to imagine if I have to drive back and forth several times if I have issues.

@Mario_Delgadois your car a Mk4 VRS? I thought these were released in late 2020 with a 3yr warranty (well that was the case for UK cars)??

14 minutes ago, Jamster330 said:

@Mario_Delgadois your car a Mk4 VRS? I thought these were released in late 2020 with a 3yr warranty (well that was the case for UK cars)??

Hi @Jamster330,  yes it is, mine was build 3rd quarter 2020 and delivered early December 2020. Well, I do not know in UK, but here in France main mechanical parts are warranted up to 2 years. (3 years paint imperfections and 12 years corrosion).

2 hours ago, Mario_Delgado said:

Hi @Jamster330,  yes it is, mine was build 3rd quarter 2020 and delivered early December 2020. Well, I do not know in UK, but here in France main mechanical parts are warranted up to 2 years. (3 years paint imperfections and 12 years corrosion).

UK warranty is 2yrs unlimited mileage or 3 yrs 60,000 miles...same as above for paint corrosion, pretty surprised that standard warranty is different in France

30 minutes ago, Jamster330 said:

UK warranty is 2yrs unlimited mileage or 3 yrs 60,000 miles...same as above for paint corrosion, pretty surprised that standard warranty is different in France

Well, that's what you get here in France, double checked in my contract. Seems that the legal framework is different depending on countries. In Spain, for example, is 3 years with unlimited Km.

Edited by Mario_Delgado

The UK is 3 years paint.  Corrosion as in a perforated (holed from behind / inside) panel is a different thing.

A longer warranty that has no T&C's about annual, biannual, 3 yearly or periodic inspections.

12 Years Body Protection Warranty written down by Skoda UK seems to be getting rare. 

They used to clearly show that was what you got.  Even though they tried their hardest to wiggle out of that.

* Main Dealer Servicing includes, Body & Glass inspections according the Skoda Websites, menus, even though the Work Sheet might not and they might not be put on the system, but then Skoda know who the dealers are, the dealers know who the tech / fitters are that serviced the car.*

Skoda UK Customer Services or the Contractor that does CS's keep saying claims invalid because not Inspections / Body inspection services were d

Screenshot 2022-12-28 10.30.34.png

SKODA_Warranty_Terms_November_2021.pdf

image (1).webp

2020-01-08_1834.webp

Edited by toot
  • Love it! 1

3 hours ago, toot said:

The UK is 3 years paint.  Corrosion as in a perforated (holed from behind / inside) panel is a different thing.

A longer warranty that has no T&C's about annual, biannual, 3 yearly or periodic inspections.

12 Years Body Protection Warranty written down by Skoda UK seems to be getting rare. 

They used to clearly show that was what you got.  Even though they tried their hardest to wiggle out of that.

* Main Dealer Servicing includes, Body & Glass inspections according the Skoda Websites, menus, even though the Work Sheet might not and they might not be put on the system, but then Skoda know who the dealers are, the dealers know who the tech / fitters are that serviced the car.*

Skoda UK Customer Services or the Contractor that does CS's keep saying claims invalid because not Inspections / Body inspection services were d

/cdn-cgi/mirage/6eb0cf49393539eb4a015c8081e6a7343410223e5318f0a27c9972a9e37ac8e1/1280/https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_12/386512333_Screenshot2022-12-2810_30_34.thumb.png.df3ece6fb5fad2ea8db90c038f696fd0.png

SKODA_Warranty_Terms_November_2021.pdf 462.9 kB · 0 downloads

/cdn-cgi/mirage/6eb0cf49393539eb4a015c8081e6a7343410223e5318f0a27c9972a9e37ac8e1/1280/https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_12/1046286866_image(1).webp.9d4ddef2b2853c00fa346ef5983e4a52.webp

/cdn-cgi/mirage/6eb0cf49393539eb4a015c8081e6a7343410223e5318f0a27c9972a9e37ac8e1/1280/https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_12/2020-01-08_1834.webp.5415b979748d88c843481c6c979c64bb.webp

@tootOnce again, very useful information! Was looking at a service plan for next 2 yrs (Yr3 and 4) with Skoda but it only includes oil, oil filter and pollen filter change!!! Will be going via Independent route and have found a local place to change VAG e diff oil/sparks/DSG oil etc i.e all the mandatory items that arent covered by the service plan

16 minutes ago, DutchVRS said:

Nice! Does it make a notable difference to the way it drives? 

2 hours ago, DutchVRS said:

And here a pic of the Eventuri intake and cover

20221220_180453.jpg

Very nice, I remember the good old days when I had an engine cover, I take it these don't catch fire?

Edited by BacktoaVRS

3 hours ago, TheUltraRunner said:

You didn't do the DSG remap?

Ive read depending on the tune, well more the torque, the DSG wont need a remap? Could this help with wheelspin in 1st/2nd gear? 

I do recall driving a Mk3 VRS Manual  a few years ago (my nephew is a trader and focuses on hot hatches) remapped to 390 ish bhp...excellent map as max power/torque wouldnt cut in until oil temp was 80 deg plus and it Limited torque in 1st/2nd gear! 

That thing was v v quick, in 3rd gear way quicker than the Merc GLA 45 380BHP I had as a courtesy car...for 4months! :)