Mib 2.5 retrofit

Svenk

• 2 months later...

Hi, 
i have a Superb 3V 2018 with MIB2 and the GPS is not working - on the Navi i'm somewhere in Poland, near the Baltic Sea, but I am actually in Romania :)

A scan with OBDEleven says "circuit open". 

does anyone happen to know how many connections would be from the shark antenna to the main unit? if i check the roof and the back of the main unit, would i find *all* the connectors on the route from front to back? are there any others? 

this is my first question, before i try to connect a new antenna and place it somewhere under the dashboard - i'm guessing this is the smallest hassle..

thanks!

3 hours ago, mihairosian said:

Hi, 
i have a Superb 3V 2018 with MIB2 and the GPS is not working - on the Navi i'm somewhere in Poland, near the Baltic Sea, but I am actually in Romania :)

A scan with OBDEleven says "circuit open". 

does anyone happen to know how many connections would be from the shark antenna to the main unit? if i check the roof and the back of the main unit, would i find *all* the connectors on the route from front to back? are there any others? 

this is my first question, before i try to connect a new antenna and place it somewhere under the dashboard - i'm guessing this is the smallest hassle..

thanks!

The GPS is done with a single wire with fakra connectors which plugs from the MIB unit to the shark fin.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

@ApertureShey, does all shark fins has gps?

Have non navi superb 11/2018 and consider about retrofit. Atm got bolero ( i guess ) with DAB+ and cantona 

16 minutes ago, ile7 said:

@ApertureShey, does all shark fins has gps?

Have non navi superb 11/2018 and consider about retrofit. Atm got bolero ( i guess ) with DAB+ and cantona 

Nope, shark fins came in different tech levels,

nothing, gps, gps+gsm and some others

if you want a gps one, I’ve actually just put one up for sale, £20 posted in the U.K. :) 

It's nasty job to swap shark right? Can i check somehow which one I have without stripping interior?

2 hours ago, ile7 said:

It's nasty job to swap shark right? Can i check somehow which one I have without stripping interior?

If you send your vin i can check, swapping the shark fin involves dropping the back of the headliner, I can do these in about 3 hours but ive done a fair few :)