Karoq door protectors

JohnK

Took delivery of my new Karoq SE L last week. I park on a relatively narrow driveway with walls on either side, and I'd like to get some decent door edge protectors just in case.

Can anyone recommend a good supplier of such in the UK? I'm struggling to find anything other than the generic ones Halfords do.

Many thanks :)

You're right in that those aren't what I'm looking for :)

It's specifically door edge protectors. I can find generic ones at Halfords, and there's one site that sells something only for the driver side front door.

Surely there must be something out there.

2 hours ago, agedbriar said:

Something like this?

2022-12-06_214246.png

There were problems in the past with something similar on Kodiaks. 

You can buy the bits both the protector and the mechanism.

https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-part/565831176-edge-protector-for-front-right-door-skoda-35496.html

tom

Edited by Sanqhar

9 hours ago, Sanqhar said:

There were problems in the past with something similar on Kodiaks. 

You can buy the bits both the protector and the mechanism.

https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-part/565831176-edge-protector-for-front-right-door-skoda-35496.html

tom

Something like that, yes.

This is the site I found before. The only have the front right door part it seems, and didn't respond to my query. Maybe I'll drop them another line.

13 hours ago, JohnK said:

Something like that, yes.

This is the site I found before. The only have the front right door part it seems, and didn't respond to my query. Maybe I'll drop them another line.

It will all depend whether the Kodiak curvature is the same as the Karoq's.

I also wondered whether, ignoring the retracting mechanism, the protector on its own would work just glued in place.

tom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 08/12/2022 at 08:21, JohnK said:

That actually looks really interesting, and a very affordable option. Thank you!

Just ordered, looks ideal as my Karoq is just that bit wider - makes some of my usual parking slots are a bit nervous making .....

On an allied subject:  This recent wet weather has shown that I seem to get  quite a  lot of splash up under bottom edge of doors.  This leads to me getting ear ache from 'the boss' when her glad rags get muddy on the bottom; bottom of garments, not hers!.......

Is there a strip that anyone has tried to stop this?