Center dashboard Ambient light not working

Hello guys, 

Tonight I realized that my center ambient light (the one that goes all tough the console, from side to side of the car) is not working. As it continues trough the doors it works.

I'm afraid it stopped working a month ago, when I brought the car to have the right side mirror assembly. 

Is it possible that there is a connector around that mirror area they left disconnected?

I don't want to bring the car to the repair shop arguing it worked before and stopped working after the mirror repair, as I'm not 100% sure, so if I could have a look, it would be nice.

the light that's not working is the thin led stripe that red, from the cockpit to the doors)

61149BA6-18D4-45AD-84C6-DAFAFB1CCDB2.jpeg

(Picture not mine,  stolen from another post.. thabks)

Thanks for any help or hint!

Edited by poseido

It could be related to the replacement mirror unit, but as fat as I know, that’s on a couple of block connectors. I have no idea where the strip is connected, but I’m sure someone will be along to advise you shortly….

1 hour ago, Berisford said:

Is it switched on / off in the 'background lighting' options menu?

The strips on the door work, so I think it's on. I'll have a look but I don't remember that you could only switch off the center console one and keep the doors working

Edited by poseido

6 hours ago, poseido said:

The strips on the door work, so I think it's on. I'll have a look but I don't remember that you could only switch off the center console one and keep the doors working

I'm not inclined to go out in this weather and check but I have a recollection of my wife mentioning the lack of colour across the front back in the summer......I'm sure you can switch off the dash or dim it until it disappears.

The 2x plugs for this strip are located behind the glovebox. In the position circled blue on the drawing. Highly doubt they would of been touched for a mirror to be worked on. Nothing would need to be done there.

image.thumb.png.7eb3136e6f46b3ffc997bece859ecd7e.png

Well, thanks everybody, seems I'm quite dumb. 

You were co.oletly right, the lights can be switched off independently on the menu:

Spoiler
Spoiler

IMG_20230102_133622.jpg

IMG_20230102_133611.jpg

• Like 2