what's the correct service interval skoda superb 2019 40K miles

I'm thinking of buying a 2019 Skoda Superb diesel automatic and obv want to check whether it has been looked after. I'm a bit confused by the different service options, but the car I'm looking at is 2019 and has done 40,042 miles.  It last had a service in oct 2021, having had a yearly service before.- The dealer says it is not due for another 900 miles ie every 2 years. I'm confused as I've read online that the DSG oil needs to be changed at 40K and also that this car should be serviced ovary year/10k miles... Can anyone advise? Thanks

Welcome.

Are they going to do that service now then 900 miles early, since they are going to prep the car and inspect and put a Warranty on it?

Not all DSG's need serviced at 40,000 miles, some are at 80,000 miles, and some not anytime.

So is the TDI a 1.6 or a 2.0 TDI?    (To know what DSG it has.)

You get Fixed Servicing, 9,400 miles / 372 days. or Variable / Flexible 24 months / 18,000-20,000 miles,  your might well be on Variable since it never showed as due in October.

Fixed Servicing shown below.  But not actually accurate.  Just General info.   

Variable is a bit of this and a bit of that. 

Your 40,000 miles servicing is really likely to be a Pollen Filter for a 2nd time, 

Oil & Filter change, look see, report etc.

Depends what there is a record of in the past and what you are prepared to pay to have done.

922218293_Screenshot2022-09-2115_58_57.jpg.3711dc86397a804fc83f268add4ae736.jpg

1967968741_Screenshot2021-07-28at14_13_28.webp

image (1).webp

2020-01-08_1834.webp

Edited by toot
  • Like 1

So a DQ381 7 speed wet clutch and Skoda / VW are still saying at 80,000 miles. 

That might change eventually if cars start having issues earlier and the owner has a 4 or 5 year warranty, or a Approved Used Car with a Warranty valid.

VW are always paying attention to stuff like that. NOT!

PS

Do you really need a TDI for the miles and journey lengths you do, and do you know about the car using AdBlue?

Edited by toot

• 10 months later...

Hi everyone, 

Long time reader, first-time poster. I have been reading Briskoda since....a long time and has always proved very useful.

For the first service, the oil change and the service inspection were due more or less at the same time. However, for the upcoming one, the difference is quite big:

- Oil change due in 30 days or 6'000 km

- Service Inspection due in 182 days or 12'100 km

Would you do both now, or just the oil change and wait until spring for the service inspection?

Thanks a lot!