Heated Seats Retrofit

1 hour ago, Aston_Bodger said:

Hi Jack,

How's it going?

All back together and working? (just kidding I know it takes longer)

Trevor

Still going not far away haha! Is there any guide on removing the centre console?

thanks

jack

Hi Jack,

Just seen this, sorry for the late reply.

Remove  ashtray you will find 2 screws, remove them, and about half way down each side panel there is a screw remove this and pull down, and the side panels should come off, no need to remove centre console, plenty of room the feed the wires though and over the top.

Trevor

Just now, Aston_Bodger said:

Hi Jack,

Just seen this, sorry for the late reply.

Remove  ashtray you will find 2 screws, remove them, and about half way down each side panel there is a screw remove this and pull down, and the side panels should come off, no need to remove centre console, plenty of room the feed the wires though and over the top.

Trevor

Perfect man, got both seats done. Just putting the passenger seat back together with the plastics around the side. Going to tackle the loom next so just prepping what I need to do. I’ll have to dismantle the sill, under side of steering wheel, fuse box covers, and centre console. Good bitta fun! Is there any screws under the ash in the rear seat where the climate vents are? And do these vents need to come out?

thanks

jack

Hi Jack,

Blimey you are going for it :rofl:

Yes there are 2 if memory serves correct, it's been a looong time since I took mine out last, there could be 2 at the front too.

I know mines got to come out at some point, I have to replace both hand break cables that's fun.......not.

You need to remove the bonnet pull too, that's done this way, there is a bit in the top that slides back, once this is free it comes off the guide, will try to find a photo of this.

Trevor

55 minutes ago, Aston_Bodger said:

Hi Jack,

Blimey you are going for it /cdn-cgi/mirage/190e0babfd6bd9663f569518f878643094c11ca8ce9e61d9b9bba60525b67069/1280/https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/emoticons/emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Yes there are 2 if memory serves correct, it's been a looong time since I took mine out last, there could be 2 at the front too.

I know mines got to come out at some point, I have to replace both hand break cables that's fun.......not.

You need to remove the bonnet pull too, that's done this way, there is a bit in the top that slides back, once this is free it comes off the guide, will try to find a photo of this.

Trevor

Haha thanks mate! I’m dreading it all now just hoping it’ll work or else it’ll all have been a massive waste of time and money haha! Will probably do the kufatec loom next week when I get more time! The main headaches have been done 😁

Jack

5 hours ago, Aston_Bodger said:

Hi Jack,

Blimey you are going for it /cdn-cgi/mirage/190e0babfd6bd9663f569518f878643094c11ca8ce9e61d9b9bba60525b67069/1280/https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/emoticons/emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Trevor

Hi Trevor,

Also wanted to ask, how are the wires joined to the sockets? (For the CECM, fuse box and climate control unit plugs behind unit) want to get it right before I start dismantling stuff😂

3 x wires to Climate control unit

1 x CECM

2 x Ground

2 x fusebox (Power + Ignition)

2 x plugs one for each seat

Must fit my new handbrake cover too so will be an excuse to pull the centre console lol. Again, I hope all this works after all this work haha!!

Thanks

Jack

Hi Jack,

For the Climate unit, pull plug, there is a red clip, take that out and the plug comes a part outer bit and wiring part, just put the wires in until they cannot come out with a gentle pull.

CECM, there is a red leaver slide that across, this allows the plugs to be removed, just push the wire in the correct hole and you are done, make sure there is slack in the wire, put plug back in and slide red leaver the other way.

Ground, there is an earthing point near the bonnet pull area, I used this one.

Fuse box, there is a purple lock bar, slide this across and push wires in the positions on the wiring diagram (don't forget fuses, it has been done!!)

Seats, there is a plastic frame under the carpet under the seats, plugs fit and lock into this.

Hope this helps,

Trevor

3 hours ago, Aston_Bodger said:

Hi Jack,

For the Climate unit, pull plug, there is a red clip, take that out and the plug comes a part outer bit and wiring part, just put the wires in until they cannot come out with a gentle pull.

CECM, there is a red leaver slide that across, this allows the plugs to be removed, just push the wire in the correct hole and you are done, make sure there is slack in the wire, put plug back in and slide red leaver the other way.

Ground, there is an earthing point near the bonnet pull area, I used this one.

Fuse box, there is a purple lock bar, slide this across and push wires in the positions on the wiring diagram (don't forget fuses, it has been done!!)

Seats, there is a plastic frame under the carpet under the seats, plugs fit and lock into this.

Hope this helps,

Trevor

Thanks man! That answers it all! Have all the seats back in the car for now. Just noticed the one I replaced the backrest on too the cushion at the bottom of the backrest is a bit stiff but not wile uncomfortable just feels like it sticking out into your back a wee bit or something but a few have said to me it may need bedding it for a while with sitting on it over a few weeks so hopefully that’s the case!  The lumbar does work on it so it’s not the lumbar stuck thank god! Other than that everything has been put back together and works apart from the heated seats I’ve to complete wiring on !

Thanks,

Jack

UPDATE the seat foam wasn’t set properly after I installed the new frame so that’s the firm backrest sorted! Onto the fitting the loom now and hoping they heat up!

Edited by JacksVRS

13 minutes ago, Aston_Bodger said:

Shame your not closer, I would have wired them up for you.

Trevor

No problems man! Will get it sorted shortly! Btw is there any LED ashtray lights on the market?😂

3 minutes ago, Aston_Bodger said:

Not sure what size they are, never changed one yet:biggrin:

Always thought I never had one until I seen the ashtray out and the wire attached to it haha! It’s a funny kind of bulb seems to be attached to the unit itself!

4 hours ago, Aston_Bodger said:

Not sure what size they are, never changed one yet:biggrin:

Hi Trevor, I know this wiring diagram was from the GTi owners and from around the time you did your retrofit when the kufatec loom was wrong, but for me now with the relay box under the passengers seat would these two circled below be the opposite so drivers is pin 10 blue and passengers is pin 11 blue/red? Plus the blue Red connector has two small connectors vs the single blue connector, there is only one small connector wire on the drivers seat main connector but 3 on the passenger seat main connector.

I understand Eddie-NL had to switch the underseat looms so his relay was under the drivers seat.

Just thought I’d check to be sure!

thanks!

jack726A7A11-1C25-4AD8-A123-847534331CCB.thumb.jpeg.394f0ebf37b614f3dc3f2d0b330a86f6.jpeg

Edited by JacksVRS

Hi Jack,

I would wire it up the way it is, if for some reason they are backwards, it's just a matter of swapping the seat wires over on the climate panel, the feeds come from the rheostats on that panel, the other one is the common, hope this helps?

Trevor 

55 minutes ago, Aston_Bodger said:

Hi Jack,

I would wire it up the way it is, if for some reason they are backwards, it's just a matter of swapping the seat wires over on the climate panel, the feeds come from the rheostats on that panel, the other one is the common, hope this helps?

Trevor 

Thanks Trevor. Will wire it up as is just. Hope they pull out easy if it is back to front! The guide that came with the loom is for the facelift so BCM instead of CCM and facelift climate control vs prefacelift climate controls.

thanks!

jack

Hi Jack,

Yes they come out easy, put a very small screwdriver in the  slot and give the wire a gentle tug, and out it comes, when I changed my air con system to dual one from single, I had to rewire to complete system, and to much relief, it worked perfect.

Trevor 

On 25/01/2023 at 18:46, Aston_Bodger said:

Hi Jack,

Yes they come out easy, put a very small screwdriver in the  slot and give the wire a gentle tug, and out it comes, when I changed my air con system to dual one from single, I had to rewire to complete system, and to much relief, it worked perfect.

Trevor 

Damn that’s some work! I’m busy finding other stuff now to retrofit before I take the console out. Going to get the bits for a foot well retrofit. Have to get the front and rear looms from kufatec. I understand that the two looms have a live and ground. Obviously grounds go to the footwell on drivers side and then the two live connectors go to the CECM B connector pin 7? It’s Connector C pin 1 for the heated seats? Found a helpful guide by Golf Wagen on YouTube.

Oh and speaking of retrofits did you retrofit these doorhandle lights on the front and rear doors? Is it much of a job? I can get the parts with the connectors and all on them but very little about guides in fitting them.

Thanks,

Jack

597AC2C1-4B8E-48F2-83E5-C132280DEA50.png

1BE4F94D-2779-4658-B3A2-BBAF97FCF01B.png

Hi Jack,

It was,but did it in 2 days. Also fitted cruise control too, oh and front foot well lights didn't bother with rears, got the loom from Eddie-NL on here.

Got a kit from Fleabay and fitted reverse sensors, that was 7 years ago and still working!!

Nah not got the fancy door handle lights.Not sure if you have to code them in, like the heated seats??

Yep connector 1 pin 1

Trevor

33 minutes ago, Aston_Bodger said:

Hi Jack,

It was,but did it in 2 days. Also fitted cruise control too, oh and front foot well lights didn't bother with rears, got the loom from Eddie-NL on here.

Got a kit from Fleabay and fitted reverse sensors, that was 7 years ago and still working!!

Nah not got the fancy door handle lights.Not sure if you have to code them in, like the heated seats??

Yep connector 1 pin 1

Trevor

Perfect Trevor thanks!

Just confirming so for:

Heated Seats Connector C Pin 1

Footwell Lights Connector B Pin 7

I know I’ll have to code both the footwell lights and heated seats in using VCDS should be the easiest bit of it haha! The door handle lights are supposed to be just wired in with electric window switches on the passenger doors and the mirror adjustment switch on the drivers door so no coding needed. 

Going to do the rear footwell nights now as the centre console is coming out and the rear footwell loom goes to the same place as the heated seat looms so no better time!

Thanks,

Jack

2 hours ago, Aston_Bodger said:

Hi Jack,

The pin outs are correct.

The rear foot well lights go in the seat base, there is a oblong hole for it, if you use normal bulbs you need to fit a heat deflector, not sure about LED's.

Trevor

Perfect Trevor thanks! Going to use Osram LEDs. Using a kufatec loom like this one it’s for a mk5 golf but sure the mk2 Octavia is based on that car😂

Rear Loom https://www.kufatec.com/en/light-sight/interior-light/cable-set-footwell-lighting-rear-for-vw-38540

Front Loom https://www.kufatec.com/en/light-sight/interior-light/footwell-lighting-front-harness-for-vw-38438

Both looms will be the same apart from the length of wiring. Just getting the correct light footwell unit!

Which is the correct footwell light unit for that loom? See two footwell units on this genuine parts site

https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-parts/octavia-2/footwell.html

so was wondering which unit you used and is there a correct code? And will use a heat deflector just in case! Will be using Osram LEDs. Which bulbs do the units you fit take?

BTW that parts site is brilliant for getting all genuine parts that where I got my heated seat bits.

Thanks

Jack

Edited by JacksVRS

11 minutes ago, Aston_Bodger said:

Hi Jack,

I just used some off Fleabay, they are white but under the dash you can't see them, I didn't use the rear as they go in the seats.

Any good with the wiring of the heated seats?

Trevor

Hi Trevor,

Just putting the loom as we speak (well have it in and all!) just putting the car back together now lol! Was stumped last week by the centre console but decided today I’ll give it another attack. Have the wires all now where they need to be. Have the two looms also in for the front and rear footwell lights. Didn’t bother the door handles ones not enough reward for the effort lol!

Just gotta hope and pray it’ll all work now when I put it going! Still waiting on the footwell light units though but the wires are there ready to connect. Just putting the centre console back together and taking my time so nothing ends up smashed 😂 

With the footwell light looms added to the heated seat loom there’s some amount of wires lol. Although apart from under the steering wheel everywhere is clean so got all the wires cleanly installed under the carpets and under the console. I used the kufatec Mk5 golf footwell loom and surprisingly it was perfect length. Even the rear ones. For the rear I followed the drivers heated seat wires under the entry panel (was pita to get off) and then followed through from the drivers connection hole under the centre console carpet to the passengers connection hole. Going pretty smoothly for now lol! Also got the new handbrake gaiter installed while the console was out. Only pita I’m anticipating is the wiring step but might leave it to my mechanic to help me. Also notable was the damn OBD port couldn’t get it removed so worked around that panel in my way constantly😂😂

Thanks,

Jack