Tested and working coding Octavia mk4

• 3 months later...

activate additional ambient light colours

open the bonnet

09 central electrics - adaptations - interior light  hmi config

first and second value should be 7fffffff coding and ignition of, ignition on turn multimedia on , find ambient lights and shoul be activated additional 20 colours

Screenshot_20220224-220050_OBDeleven.jpg.302c2836f28c663baad498edeeab02b8.jpg

Edited by petopzdiag
  • Thanks 3

The problem with these sorts of threads is that the people giving the info seem to assume a certain level of knowledge of coding and using OBD11. 

I would like to buy a unit and do my own coding but there doesn’t seem to be any step by step guide to help the novice. I’m pretty good with technology but I’m still nervous of buying a OBD11 unit and not being confident in using it. Not even the OBD11 website is easy to follow!

I think part of the issue is that a list of posters are not natural English speakers so the translation can sometimes complicate things!

• Like 2

On 13/03/2022 at 20:53, petopzdiag said:

activate additional ambient light colours

open the bonnet

09 central electrics - adaptations - interior light  hmi config

first and second value should be 7fffffff coding and ignition of, ignition on turn multimedia on , find ambient lights and shoul be activated additional 20 colours

Screenshot_20220224-220050_OBDeleven.jpg.302c2836f28c663baad498edeeab02b8.jpg

I can't activate VRS Cluster Theme, and the interior lights hmi configuration is not working for me. It's a litlle bit confusing for me the part in bold. The ignition should be ON at the beginning of the process? should be OFF. For do this change should be activated the interior lights before? How can I do activate them to activate aditional colors after?

8 minutes ago, petopzdiag said:

yes turn ignition on,open bonet and aply parking brake :)  and coding :) after turn off :D how to coding without on ignition ?? :D 

vrs theme not working for all octavia 4:) 

I dind't understand if ignition for you is motor on or only contact on. For me, ignition is when you start the motor.

On 13/03/2022 at 23:03, MiniNinjaRob said:

The problem with these sorts of threads is that the people giving the info seem to assume a certain level of knowledge of coding and using OBD11. 

I would like to buy a unit and do my own coding but there doesn’t seem to be any step by step guide to help the novice. I’m pretty good with technology but I’m still nervous of buying a OBD11 unit and not being confident in using it. Not even the OBD11 website is easy to follow!

I think part of the issue is that a list of posters are not natural English speakers so the translation can sometimes complicate things!

Obd11 has apps that do coding for you, almost every available adaptation has an app and it's easy and reliable. https://obdeleven.com/en/supported-vehicles

Edited by zetzet

22 minutes ago, stridercombi said:

Anyone tried changing Display Depiction for dashboard

Not quite sure I understand what you're looking for (since I'm not yet connected to my "virtual" Octavia - still waiting for it), but are you looking for this sort of mods? Check the link below, at minute 7:20 - is that it? 

I know it's a Golf 7.5, but you might get some hints from the video

Basically, this is inviting trouble for car owners who aren't experienced in doing things like this and, as a consequence, end up having electronic issues and the car having to go into a dealership for rectification work which has to be paid for at their own expense. 

even a professional sometimes makes a mistake and breaks the car;) every person's thing who makes a car  :) :) and comments only if you have a new encoding :) stop spam about nothing

• Groan 1

if you have a new car ,why would you want anyone to try and upgrade anything?or rectify  faults when it is under warranty .it could make your warranty null and void and how much money could you end up paying?

• Like 1

a car that is under warranty will not lose its warranty after coding things except to turn off seatbelt or start stop :) warranty you only lose when you do some things new retrofit :) but unlock stagging, oil temp, dont loss warranty.. i have o4 2021 in warranty nad after coding dont loss ;) 

1 minute ago, Joss1733 said:

if you have a new car ,why would you want anyone to try and upgrade anything?or rectify  faults when it is under warranty .it could make your warranty null and void and how much money could you end up paying?

Because Skoda want to charge a small fortune for additional functionality, functionality which more often than not is a simple software tweak which can be done by someone who knows what they are doing eg a Skoda trained technician who may be interested in getting some extra cash on the side or someone who knows VCDS or OBD11 inside and out and can do the job without any issues rearing their ugly heads. 

OK, you can do it yourself and at your own risk, but it can backfire and you and you end up with a nasty large and unnecessary bill for a garage to put it right. 

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1
  • Groan 2

stop spam, post only coding information..... new codes ! its write up 1first text... comunication forum have many .. this post only coding new coding :) not talking what about...

Right I'm going to be quite candid with you. 

What you are doing is fine, but do it to your own car, don't encourage others to do it especially when your English isn't great, it makes it more difficult to understand and much easier to make a mistake.

The Mk4 has enough software issues without you encouraging those who are inexperienced with the software side of things to tinker with it, causing even more unnecessary issues and misery for them. 

You say that a lot of it can be done with preprogrammed apps, I'll go with that, but you're also suggesting that owner's use what's known as adaptions and long-coding, something that should only be attempted by those who have the necessary skills, knowledge and expertise. 

That is importing unnecessary risk and that's unacceptable, as the slightest error could have the potential to affect the safe operation of the car. 

So I respectfully suggest if you want to post these software tweaks, that you get your English up to scratch or get someone else to do the post so that the instructions are absolutely crystal clear and have been double (if not triple) checked for errors to avoid any further issues and most importantly put a disclaimer stating that whilst they are made in good faith, they are to be used entirely at their own risk. 

Better still if you insist on doing this thread to show how to do it, try using your phones video capability to showcase your expertise on the matter, especially if English isn't your native language, because a video is far better than fractured English. 

Edited by TheWanderer
  • Groan 1