Buying wiper blades

MilanM

Hello members, I wanted to ask what brand of wipers are good to buy?

I didnt had luck with OEM from VW, and if remember correctly I did change just blades, Im not sure if that is possible right now. Did they sell just blades?

What are your thoughts about longitivity of wiper blades? Mine are 2 years old, and just left blade squik(they clean good tough).

Agreed, I would never have bought them myself but this car came with them, they may already have been several years old, I have driven for 3 years and done over 40K miles on them and they still clean both front & rear screens like new, even at that age they wipe better than any blades I have fitted to any car in the last 30 years even from brand new.

I knew that they were going to be expensive to replace but I also knew it would be a waste of money to use anything but Bosch Aérotwins from now on, luckily I found an Ebay seller that sold the unique rubber profile by the meter for use as a refill, I can't believe that I have not yet needed to use it.

• Love it! 1

Be aware there are Bosch wiper blades and there are Bosch Aerotwins, the latter are the business, the former probably some tat badged for them in some developing country intended to get them the same profit from someone whom they would otherwise have lost a sale , ie the Aerotwins were too expnsive so they will buy another cheaper brand, no hang on, here are some cheaper (not) Bosch ones, they will do!

• 7 months later...
On 28/01/2023 at 16:45, MilanM said:

Ok will try them, in my country price for them 20euros.

I think its ok price if they are really soo good.

you can't go wrong with bosch, it's worth every penny as they are properly sized and the attach points are where they need to be on the wiper blade