Octavia mk3 Vrs Grill Badge HELP

Shawry85

Need some help people. How do fit the vrs grill badge? 

I have the upgraded ones that have the threads,plate and nuts. 

Please no smart arses again that like to let people know they are long time Octavia owners with a ****ty bog standard version.

Apologies if it's already been put on the site but the search engine isn't great 

• 1 month later...

You've probably gone and had a go by now. 

But.. I'm pretty sure you need to take the bumper off to do properly. Only way to get behind the grill. 

I've just taken mine off to repair damage to the front, had a look around the small VRS badge and it's well secured into the grill. It removes probably with careful screwdriver prying, or having to break off from behind to glue back in. Looks tricky. 

• 1 month later...

Did you manage to get this attached without removing the bumper or resorting to glueing?

Kopacek.com and eBay ones have the same plate, nuts and bolts and state “super quick install" so feel we're missing something 😂

It's quite tricky to remove without the guide, I will dig through and post a picture later for you to see.. I taken my bumper off for refill and respray repair about 6 weeks ago. Quite a lot of screws to remove.

Wheel trims-

First you need to remove about 16 screws on each wheel trim connecting them to the outer body and the bumper (wheel trims on these models run all around the arch and also a further section going underneath the vehicle connecting to the front bumper section). 

You unfortunately have to remove these trims. And I'd advise counting the screws. 

Underneath the lip of the bonnet- there's 4 screws at the front , and 2 screws on each side next to the headlamps (you can see which ones as they're held in place underneath by counter bolts, now visible with access after removing the wheel trims. Also very tricky to remove these ones - I used lose nose pliers and maybe a small open ended wrench).

Final 4 screws easily removed underneath the bonnet connecting the bonnet to the plastic under trim.

You'll need to disconnect the headlamp electrics(the headlamps will remove with the bumper) and if it has headlamp washers, you'd need to disconnect the hoses for these too. 

Importantly - there's also 2 sections of the bumper needing released from the body with a flat head screwdriver, located in the top bumper section where the 4 screws were removed. Also difficult to locate but evenly spaced. Should have an audible/physical feel of being released. 

Will probably read this back and think it's a big job to get to the VRS badge. I think they probably need heat guns and patience to remove and refit those ones. 

I seen a YouTube video, one guy uses a heat gun for the skoda logo badge, then floss like material to get behind and pry it out...

Ben.

9 minutes ago, StoreyR said:

It's quite tricky to remove without the guide, I will dig through and post a picture later for you to see.. I taken my bumper off for refill and respray repair about 6 weeks ago. Quite a lot of screws to remove.

Wheel trims-

First you need to remove about 16 screws on each wheel trim connecting them to the outer body and the bumper (wheel trims on these models run all around the arch and also a further section going underneath the vehicle connecting to the front bumper section). 

You unfortunately have to remove these trims. And I'd advise counting the screws. 

Underneath the lip of the bonnet- there's 4 screws at the front , and 2 screws on each side next to the headlamps (you can see which ones as they're held in place underneath by counter bolts, now visible with access after removing the wheel trims. Also very tricky to remove these ones - I used lose nose pliers and maybe a small open ended wrench).

Final 4 screws easily removed underneath the bonnet connecting the bonnet to the plastic under trim.

You'll need to disconnect the headlamp electrics(the headlamps will remove with the bumper) and if it has headlamp washers, you'd need to disconnect the hoses for these too. 

Importantly - there's also 2 sections of the bumper needing released from the body with a flat head screwdriver, located in the top bumper section where the 4 screws were removed. Also difficult to locate but evenly spaced. Should have an audible/physical feel of being released. 

Will probably read this back and think it's a big job to get to the VRS badge. I think they probably need heat guns and patience to remove and refit those ones. 

I seen a YouTube video, one guy uses a heat gun for the skoda logo badge, then floss like material to get behind and pry it out...

Ben.

I failed to mention... 

Before all this... 

Front of the vehicle jacked up - placed onto front axel stands.. 

Wheels removed. 

Ben. 

Cheers for the reply buddy, that does seem a mental amount of work just to change the badge ! 🤣 There must be something in missing with the badges with the parts, as every website says it's a very quick install, one even says with bumper on. I'll have a pay before removing the existing one l, saw a good guide on here to get the old ones off with dental floss and rubbing alcohol so fingers crossed I figure out a bumper on way of doing it 🤔

On 15/05/2023 at 20:50, MO230 said:

Cheers for the reply buddy, that does seem a mental amount of work just to change the badge ! 🤣 There must be something in missing with the badges with the parts, as every website says it's a very quick install, one even says with bumper on. I'll have a pay before removing the existing one l, saw a good guide on here to get the old ones off with dental floss and rubbing alcohol so fingers crossed I figure out a bumper on way of doing it 🤔

Yeah it seems like a lot of effort to access it, usually the case with body work though... They don't like people doing work on their own vehicle.

I've just been trying to upload compressed PDF screenshots of the bumper removal from the Skoda manuals found on er.win - but file size needs to be 60.34 kB for my account, it's ridiculous to adjust..

Even so... it doesn't instruct how to precisely remove the VRs badge on either RS or Face lift models..

If you do find that you need to get behind the grill though.. to remove any clipped in components, the Skoda er.win manual does quote...

"To remove clipped-in components, the bumper must be removed and the latching lugs unlocked from the inside." 

This is the link i used to fix my bumper and do front discs and pads change... https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz/erwin/showHome.do

On 12/02/2023 at 21:33, Shawry85 said:

Please no smart arses again that like to let people know they are long time Octavia owners with a ****ty bog standard version.

Arrogance like that is not the way to elicit responses or aid from the experienced and helpfull forum contributors.

But as an owner of a sh1tty bog standard version vehicle I doubt you will heed my advice.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, StoreyR said:

Yeah it seems like a lot of effort to access it, usually the case with body work though... They don't like people doing work on their own vehicle.

I've just been trying to upload compressed PDF screenshots of the bumper removal from the Skoda manuals found on er.win - but file size needs to be 60.34 kB for my account, it's ridiculous to adjust..

Even so... it doesn't instruct how to precisely remove the VRs badge on either RS or Face lift models..

If you do find that you need to get behind the grill though.. to remove any clipped in components, the Skoda er.win manual does quote...

"To remove clipped-in components, the bumper must be removed and the latching lugs unlocked from the inside." 

This is the link i used to fix my bumper and do front discs and pads change... https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz/erwin/showHome.do

Thanks for this, much appreciated. I've emailed super skoda to ask as they say:

super-easy-installation with screws !!
- no glue hassle !
- extremely fast installation !!!

🤣

1 minute ago, toot said:

I have still not got my head around what is wrong with gluing on the badge as Skoda did with vRS and other badges to grills.

If I don't get an answer from super and can't figure it out when I get round to it I'll probably just glue it, did the same on other cars with no issues.

• Like 1