Next-Gen Skoda Kodiaq Spied In Production Body

ZacDaMan72

First gen. released in 2016 (deliveries started in 2017)... facelift in 2021. No surprise then that a whole new one will turn up in 2024, potentially with deliveries late next year or into 2025.

But... if we're getting a new Kodiaq in the UK in that timeframe, then it will have to have a plug-in hybrid variant - otherwise they'll get < 1 year of being able to sell pure petrol / diesel versions before having to stop (assuming new rules do come into effect on 1 Jan 2025 and deliveries start in 2024).

I honestly thought it would die out and be replaced by the Enyaq (or even a larger electric SUV) over here. There's still a possibility that will happen and there will be a 2nd gen Kodiaq, but it doesn't come to the UK at all.

11 hours ago, toot said:

Still almost 7 years until 2030

My mistake... I had it in my head 2030 was the complete ban and hybrids-only after 2025. Pretty sure it was at some point, but you're right, it's 2030 for hybrids only and 2035 for the complete ban. Time for another 2 full generations of Kodiaq yet - if they did a hybrid.

But Skoda have previous said no plans for any more hybrids, and they will be concentrating on EVs. So it will be interesting to see if they've changed their minds, or if the speculation about a hybrid powertrain for a new generation is just that.

• Like 1

Sooner in Norway. As it is on the Hybrid thing I am not sure that is finalised in the UK or the EU or Europe. Passenger cars and light goods vehicles.   Maybe someone has the latest news on that.   Maybe someone knows when the war in Ukraine ends and if there is no other wars start in Europe or World Pandemics.  

9 hours ago, Yogi-Bear said:

My mistake... I had it in my head 2030 was the complete ban and hybrids-only after 2025. Pretty sure it was at some point, but you're right, it's 2030 for hybrids only and 2035 for the complete ban. Time for another 2 full generations of Kodiaq yet - if they did a hybrid.

But Skoda have previous said no plans for any more hybrids, and they will be concentrating on EVs. So it will be interesting to see if they've changed their minds, or if the speculation about a hybrid powertrain for a new generation is just that.

The Kodiaq is also sold outside European countries and these don't currently have 2030 or 2035 deadlines.

Might fade out from UK and Europe, but might carry on well into 2030s in other parts of the world.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Lots more information 

Skoda has released press kit on revised Kodiaq

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/press-kits/the-all-new-skoda-kodiaq-press-kit/

Sections on interior and exterior, engines, safety and connectivity etc.

Edited by SurreyJohn

“The gearshift lever is now located on the steering column, a Škoda first.”

Hmmm. That’s gonna be marmite. I will definitely have to be convinced 🙁

Edit: far too ‘Merkin for me.

Edited by Yogi-Bear

Making its Kodiaq debut is a rear storage compartment with a cup holder on the central tunnel as well as a display cleaner for the touchscreen displays

A display cleaner for touchscreen displays? I have one of those on my 2020 Kodiaq which sits in the otherwise useless cubby under the lightswitch.  I believe the technical term is called ' a cloth'.

Simply Clever.

15 hours ago, Yogi-Bear said:

“The gearshift lever is now located on the steering column, a Škoda first.”

Hmmm. That’s gonna be marmite. I will definitely have to be convinced 🙁

Edit: far too ‘Merkin for me.

image.png.e3ebc1ac70bce5b4cc49fb3701edc344.png

As previewed in the new Tiguan. 

On 27/06/2023 at 05:13, kodiaqsportline said:

Making its Kodiaq debut is a rear storage compartment with a cup holder on the central tunnel as well as a display cleaner for the touchscreen displays

A display cleaner for touchscreen displays? I have one of those on my 2020 Kodiaq which sits in the otherwise useless cubby under the lightswitch.  I believe the technical term is called ' a cloth'.

Simply Clever.

Presumably they mean a 'clean display mode'.  My home alarm panel has this, where you start the mode and touches are not registered for 30 seconds while you wipe the display.

7 hours ago, wokwon said:

Presumably they mean a 'clean display mode'.  My home alarm panel has this, where you start the mode and touches are not registered for 30 seconds while you wipe the display.

Probably a microfibre lined piece of plastic with a neat place to stash it just like all the other 'simply clever' stuff

I don't know what they mean, but I'd be amazed if it's any more efficient than a Halfords microfibre cloth 🤣

Cleaning whilst screen is on?   I can only see mucky fingerprints when the screen is blank, I don't notice them when the unit is on.

When you think about it, we all use our smartphones way more than the infotainment screen but I never have to clean my phone screen anywhere near as much as the screen in the car. Answers on a postcard!

27 minutes ago, kodiaqsportline said:

I never have to clean my phone screen anywhere near as much as the screen in the car. Answers on a postcard!

Smartphones have an oleophobic coating.