Citigo garmin password

The1effect

I just bought the car 64 reg, I am trying to use the garmin navigation ( out of the car) so I can update it and reset it. When I turn it on it ask me for password, as a second owner I don’t know where to find it, I am even afraid now will be blocked if I reset it without password. Any suggestions on what to do?

5 minutes ago, thebrighton said:

Unfortunately you won't be able to update it as Skoda withdrew support a couple of years ago and the website that you used for the updates was closed down.

I did wonder if that was the case, glad you posted to help OP 🤝

I spoke to garmin customer service today, I gave them the details of the device model, they couldn't help me, the device is locked with the registration email, probably from the first owner. I guess I have to use it as it is.

Connected to the car it works and doesn’t ask for password because it was registered for the first time with this car. It is good to know if someone wants to buy second hand one from ebay it might not work.

• Sad 1

Not sure if this will help with your password problem!

Anyone else If you go on to the Skoda Update portal there is a paragraph on updating Garmin  ŠKODA move and fun maps, I did ours, downloading the new maps to our Mac with no problem 

https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/

Skoda_Move_Fun.pdf