MIB1 android auto/ car play solution

5 hours ago, Simoneale1973 said:

How easy are they to fit? Do they plug into the Infotainment unit in the Glove Box? or is it a complete replacement!?

The unit in the glove box become useless ad you unplug the quad lock from the unit to plug it to the Android one. O. The other hand, if your car has Stock gps, you can use a fakra adaptor to hook the car gps antenna to the Android unit (works great). The same goes for the dab antenna, fakra to the USB stick format and you are good to go. Only the microphone can't be used as the car had a powered mic 

Edited by nickytheshaft

On 10/06/2023 at 17:18, nickytheshaft said:

The unit in the glove box become useless ad you unplug the quad lock from the unit to plug it to the Android one. O. The other hand, if your car has Stock gps, you can use a fakra adaptor to hook the car gps antenna to the Android unit (works great). The same goes for the dab antenna, fakra to the USB stick format and you are good to go. Only the microphone can't be used as the car had a powered mic 

The fakra adaptor sounds interesting , what is that ?? , apart from sometimes having signal issues , the unit is great , plug and play , and easy to use 

10 minutes ago, nickytheshaft said:

Sorry , please excuse my stupidity , if i got the fakra cable for the DAB aerial , does that mean i can get rid of that aerial that sticks on the window ?? so connecting the fakra cable it straight to the usb dongle ??

22 minutes ago, Adib1977 said:

Sorry , please excuse my stupidity , if i got the fakra cable for the DAB aerial , does that mean i can get rid of that aerial that sticks on the window ?? so connecting the fakra cable it straight to the usb dongle ??

yes. the black connector is the car DAB antenna, plug it to the fakra then the cable to the usb dongle. You will have DAB reception without having to stick the antenna on the window. 

It is cleaner and more efectiv this way

4 minutes ago, nickytheshaft said:

yes. the black connector is the car DAB antenna, plug it to the fakra then the cable to the usb dongle. You will have DAB reception without having to stick the antenna on the window. 

It is cleaner and more efectiv this way

Brilliant , i have a unit fitted in my wifes Yeti , and the reception for DAB is crap , ill give this ago , thank for the info buddy 

• Like 1

On 05/06/2023 at 16:27, Adib1977 said:

Hello all 

Just an update , i got the refund for the unit , they also said they would refund me the postage to return the unit ( Cost me £30 to post back to China ) but never received that , tried messaging multiple times and in the end got ignored , tried different avenues to contact Ali Express , but as the matter was classed as " complete " i could get any message across , so be aware , you may not get all your money back , in the end i was just happy to get the lump sum back for the unit . wont be using " Aliexpress" for anything else . 

Managed to get a Teyes CC3 unit fitted to the car , does everything i want it too and controls the cars functions as the original unit did  , but will be saving my pennies to upgrade to MIB2.5 Columbus in the future . 

Cheers

How are you finding the CC3 ? Do all the original things with with it like steering wheel controls, parking sensors, tire pressure resetting etc? And is the mic aweful? 

Can't find many posts on here, and looking at getting the CC3 2K Version, figured I'd rather pay extra for a nice bigger screen than £150 to unlock android auto in my 2016 VRS.

Reviews of the new unit suggest the mic has been improved too.

• 4 months later...
On 18/03/2023 at 16:58, Cactusjack said:

Installed and impressed, works well with the larger screen little to no lag present when working through the menus and apps.

Only problem is with my reverse camera... Can't connect it to the new MIB loom as has an RCA cable for connection and my camera has a small purple 5 or 6 pin connector. PDC still works fine however.

20230318_143306.jpg

20230318_143319.jpg

20230318_142702.jpg

20230318_152315.jpg

Hey, does the stock microphone work for you? Or do you need to connect an external microphone to the unit? Thanks for the info. :)

Stock works fine when it works... If that makes sense? Receiving calls and voice replies for messages are good, however if I'm making a call then it can take a while for the mic to connect even after the call is answered, so some people hang up on me... More bluetooth related than mic though that part I'm guessing! 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, EfkooCze said:

Hey, does the stock microphone work for you? Or do you need to connect an external microphone to the unit? Thanks for the info. :)

The stock mic if the car won't work as it is a powerd mic with a noise cancelling function.

As for the unit mic, it depends. Usually internal and external don't have noise cancelling. 

On the units I tried, the call qualitiy was really crap. I managed to improve it by adding an external noise cancelling mic powdered by usb but you will never get the car mic quality