Skoda Octavia Key Problem

I have  2015 Skoda Octavia 1600TDI I am replacing key batteries every few days.

I have been to my local main dealer who said they had never come across the problem before and I was probably using inferiority quality batteries.

They sold me a new battery which lasted no longer than the cheaper batteries I was already using.

Has anyone experienced this problem. Can it be a problem with the Key transmitter or the internal signal receiver in the car.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Might sound daft, but it's not in tight clothing is it?  One of my Superb keys activated really easily and I had a number of occasions I went out to find it unlocked with all the windows open.  Never happened when the key wasn't in my pocket.

I've recently put a first new battery in the Golf's key fob, and this brand new battery only lasted a fortnight.  Its replacement is doing fine - go figure.

Gaz

13 hours ago, 2015Octaviaowner said:

I have  2015 Skoda Octavia 1600TDI I am replacing key batteries every few days.

I have been to my local main dealer who said they had never come across the problem before and I was probably using inferiority quality batteries.

They sold me a new battery which lasted no longer than the cheaper batteries I was already using.

Has anyone experienced this problem. Can it be a problem with the Key transmitter or the internal signal receiver in the car.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Never had this before but a bit of Google searching suggests you're not totally alone. Even if a lot of threads don't always present a resolution. 

If its not false activation in a pocket it may be a faulty transmitter or poor contacts inside the transmitter,  especially check tge battery contacts and if there is any pressed contact on the board, clean with isoprpyl alcohol.

Do you have the old batteries? Or an old battery that stops working. I suspect they may not actually be flat but just slightly reduced voltage from new. Test voltage with a multi meter. If you haven't got one, get one they're useful and can be picked up pretty cheaply. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NZ100 said:

As in nearly all the posts about keys, I say, try the 2032 battery  I've been fitting them for a number of years. 

Good call NZ, also fit quality batteries, Duracell or Energizer not the pound shop crap.

• Like 1