Fabia III 1.2 TSI MANUEL ENGINE OIL

Just now, Breezy_Pete said:

Did you mean to ask me that? The list I'm referring to is the current 504/507 pdf on erWin, no mention of US that  I can see?

Apologies, I thought you were referring to the PDF attachment earlier in the thread.

• Like 1

On 18/03/2023 at 10:32, iirfansk25 said:

I have 2016 model 1.2 tsi fabia. I want change engine oil. 

Which one do you think I should use as engine oil?
1) MOTUL SPECIFIC 504 00 507 00 0W-30
2) MOTUL SPECIFIC 504 00 507 00 5W-30
3) Petronas Syntium 5000 AV 5W-30

1 and 3 are on the current approved list, 2 isn't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As it is the approved list matters not a jot with a car out of manufacturers warranty.

Hard enough with VW Group cars in warranty with engine failures,  and there were Dealers still doing services using VW 504 00 / 507 00 when they should have been using VW508 00 / 509 00, and people in Dealerships selling the wrong oil to those coming in to buy it for top ups.

I am fine with ASDA, TESCO, Comma or others not on a VW Approved list as long as they meet the spec. 

DSCN3792.JPG.99339b22bd93b6f491681c56e3c04b5b.jpeg.000682bbf25c0e34a42acd230d97e86a.jpeg

1476411545_Screenshot2020-03-09at17_00_18.png.a8cdfded21b78bdcdf72a7731e9f41a0.png

11044_Platinum_5W-40.pdf 16890_Quantum_LONGLIFE_III_5W-30_Spec_Sheet_V1-1.pdf 11044_Quantum_LONGLIFE_IV_0W-20_Data_sheet.pdf

Edited by toot

@Breezy_PeteMy engines matter very much to me when i own them, and i have a few and old ones and they do not go pop.

I favour value for money and quality and the advertising and spin matter not a jot.  Castrol has produced some crap oil.

Hence not a brand recommended by Korean, or Japanese or French manufacturers, but then they have their deals and VW do theirs. 

15 hours ago, toot said:

As it is the approved list matters not a jot with a car out of manufacturers warranty.

That is extremely irresponsible and frankly dangerous advice!  Specific engine families are designed and engineered to use a specific standard of lubricant for their entire lifespan - not just for the warranty period!

It is no different to telling folks to fill up their diesel fuel tank with petrol once the warranty has run out!

15 hours ago, toot said:

Hard enough with VW Group cars in warranty with engine failures,  and there were Dealers still doing services using VW 504 00 / 507 00 when they should have been using VW508 00 / 509 00, and people in Dealerships selling the wrong oil to those coming in to buy it for top ups.

I totally agree with you there.  For decades, many official VW Group dealers have been using incorrect oils during servicing, and supplying incorrect oils for topup or home mechanic oil changes.  The really annoy thing is that VW UK just don't give a flying **** about incompetent stealers!

15 hours ago, toot said:

I am fine with ASDA, TESCO, Comma or others not on a VW Approved list as long as they meet the spec.

If they are NOT on the VW approved list, how do you actually know if they meet the required specification?  Frankly, a very narrow-minded opinion

15 hours ago, toot said:

Oh dear, Fuchs do like to bull$hit.  Fuchs have NEVER had any factory-fill at any VW Group supplied engine.  They are all supplied by Castrol - who are owned by BP.  It was Castrol who developed the original LongLife specification for VW, along with the LL2, LL3 and LL4 specs.

The ONLY reason other oil companies are allowed to make oils is due to European Union anti-monopoly laws, and that is how Fuchs and others are able to make OEM spec oils.

15 hours ago, toot said:

@Breezy_PeteMy engines matter very much to me when i own them, and i have a few and old ones and they do not go pop.

Your actions do not match your words.  I don't wish to be unkind, but anyone who uses a non-approved oil frankly must have a few marbles floating around in their bonce.

Furthermore, the lubricant is not the sole element of weather an engine goes bang or not!

15 hours ago, toot said:

I favour value for money and quality and the advertising and spin matter not a jot.

Nobody will argue about trying to save money, especially in this economic climate.  But using inferior products on such an high value item is very poor logic.

I fo agree about advertising, and it is very well known that certain American oil companies spend massively more on advertising than they do on R&D.  Mobil is by far the worst!

15 hours ago, toot said:

Castrol has produced some crap oil.

Yawn!  Care to name which oil has been crap?

15 hours ago, toot said:

Hence not a brand recommended by Korean, or Japanese or French manufacturers, but then they have their deals and VW do theirs. 

Huh???

• Groan 1

@Black_Thunderget on your bike and remember to oil your chain. You are a chain puller, pull someoneelses. 

According to you Main Dealers were only allowed to use Long Life oil. Possible true as far as Diesels, cars with DPF,s, 

but nonsense with TSI's / MPI,s'

Your info id duff on so many levels. 

People everyplace can have non Approved List oil, because the Owners Manual tells you to check with a Dealership, or tells you VW502 00,  pr VW504 00 / 507 00 or VW508 00 / 509 00.

On the selves the oil will have 'Suitable for' or 'Approved' or 'Specification for'  or what ever wording.

Te VW Approved Oil list is not something that falls to the eyes or hands of someone buying the correct specification oil to service their car.

The see VW504 00 /507 00 or VW508 00 / 509 00 as do many mechanics, fitters, techs or diy'ers.

http://castrol.com/en_gb/united-kingdom/home/castrol-story/newsroom/press-releases/workshops/failing-to-upsell.html

Service Desk / Sales / Parts staff fail to understand oils, service regimes and so much more about the cars they sell and have to give advice to customers about.

Edited by toot

1 minute ago, toot said:

@Black_Thunderget on your bike and remember to oil your chain. You are a chain puller, pull someoneelses.

Why so hostile?

I guess you just don't like being proved wrong!

I actually go on FACTS, not some ill-informed internet troll.  My knowledge on automotive engine lubricants is deep enough to be head-hunted by Fuchs UK to work for them!

1 minute ago, toot said:

People everyplace have non Approved List oil, because the Owners Manual tells you to check with a Dealership, or tells you VW502 00,  pr VW504 00 / 507 00 or VW508 00 / 509 00.

Your point is?

1 minute ago, toot said:

On the selves the oil will have 'Suitable for' or 'Approved' or 'Specification for'  or what ever wording.

And you clearly demonstrate your lack of real knowledge about automotive engine lubricants!

All VW Group engines must only use oils officially approved by VWAG.  'Suitable for . . .', 'meets specification of . . .' or any other similar weasel words are just terms used by snake oil sales folk - when referring to OEM specifications, be they VW, MB, PSA, Renault, Dexos, and the JASO and JALOS collectives.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, toot said:

@Black_ThunderYou have given wrong info on Fixed Servicing and VW502 00, and then on VW 504 00 / 507 00 so 0w 30 FS III.

Nope, I have given the official Volkswagen AG instructions to all main dealers throughout Europe.  Authority by VWAG to use 502.00 was removed for use by all main dealers across all VAG marques in 2006.

If you choose not to follow that - it is entirely your own choice.  But don't force your blatantly incorrect diatribe of factually incorrect information on others.

4 minutes ago, toot said:

So anything else you are on about is suspect.

How many more of your teddy bears are you going to throw out of your perambulator?

• Groan 1

@toot the VWFS pdf you supplied has nothing VWAG oil specifications.  It is simply a policy booklet for used car insurance from VW UK.  "

ŠKODA Approved Used Warranty cover is administered on behalf of ŠKODA UK by Volkswagen Financial Services (UK) Limited".  It has no authority regarding which oil a main dealer is to use

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, AGFalco said:

image.png.043b148a4803a0f58add654fc60f7ea1.png

image.thumb.png.d844a1894861ab7ea9038d9b9479e97c.png

?

Thanks. AG Falco

The point of this is????

It is quite simply a misleading advert from Fuchs about which oils they WANT you to use.  It has zero relevance to the official Volkswagen AG requirements.

• Haha 1

They are cheeky monkeys then and probably decided that VW Group / HQ was once again talking rubbish, losing stuff in translation and so bothered about emissions that they were pushing the oil they wanted, and then about to use defeat devices.

The do like the oil that might mean lower emissions, then they messed up, introduced some lemons of 1.2, 1.4 Twinchargers,1.8 & 2.0 Euro 5 TSI's that could drink oil and expire prematurely.

They ba-llsed up 1.4 TSI Twinchargers and just turbo,s with crap chains and tensioners when they were Euro 4 and never sorted that into Euro 5.

In gods we trust, in VW Group you question anything they say or do.   If you have an ounce of common sense.

@varooomcan probably find me the directive from 2006 that main main dealers in the VW Group ignored fo 6 years or more as that had VW502 00 delivered and that they would use for Fixed Service Interval servicing on petrols if they did cheaper servicing or customers requested that.

Screenshot_20180414-061447.webp

image.webp.b48e6771853b15b770e956a10ec5660b.webp.2721e5e275bfd9c6b35e39bef234c58e.webp.f0ca5e7fff53e8b39efb08df4ac6a7f0.webp

Edited by toot

3 hours ago, toot said:

@varooomcan probably find me the directive from 2006 that main main dealers in the VW Group ignored fo 6 years or more as that had VW502 00 delivered and that they would use for Fixed Service Interval servicing on petrols if they did cheaper servicing or customers requested that.

It's not a document I have seen, but also this whole thread has descended into chaos, so not wanting to post too much on the subject.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=derailing a thread

I have said this before, I feel sorry for the OP @iirfansk25 here is a static link on the erWin site for approved oils, if they post this, I am happy enough to use what is on this list myself.

https://erwin.volkswagen.de/erwin/downloadStaticFile/skoda/files/oil/oil_pdf.zip

• Like 1