Yeti Rear Battery Box - Dimensions

Navcomic

• Navcomic changed the title to Yeti Rear Battery Box - Dimensions

Sorry no idea on dimensions, (and they don't even list part number for a battery that could be cross referenced)

A part number of

5L6 801 287 - Four-wheel drive

5L6 801 287 A - Front-wheel drive

Is as much as I can locate

https://www.lllparts.co.uk/catalogs/skoda/CZ

Illustration should be 803-050 (8 being Body) when you look

You didn't add any details on year to your post, or why you need the dimension (curious on the latter)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 137699 said:

Rear battery? The battery is in the engine bay on my car & every other Yeti I have seen....

It will probably be some kind of "leisure" battery or some suchlike name for it.

Definitely exists on parts catalog and workshop manuals.

Not sure why the OP is asking for the dimensions yet.

47 minutes ago, varooom said:

Not sure why the OP is asking for the dimensions yet.

It will be for stashing whatever your choice of illicit stuff will be!

I saw the cover plate on mine & think I removed it to find............. well nothing 🙄

Its a lost volume which could be useable, I would be interested in the price of the tray and whether the original blanking plate would cover it.

• Haha 1
  • Cheeky 1

Under my lift-up floor, there is the spare tyre, with the rest of the space taken by the moulded polystyrene storage boxes.
Removing the boxes reveals access to the AdBlue tank filler cap only. Nothing else is visible and the lower steel floor has no obvious element that can be easily removed. Similarly, there is nothing removable within the plastic side boot storage moulding.

7 hours ago, Bexhillian said:

Under my lift-up floor, there is the spare tyre, with the rest of the space taken by the moulded polystyrene storage boxes.
Removing the boxes reveals access to the AdBlue tank filler cap only. Nothing else is visible and the lower steel floor has no obvious element that can be easily removed. Similarly, there is nothing removable within the plastic side boot storage moulding.

The Adblue tank is where the "battery box" was previously located.

Folks: I should have posted the model - 2017 outdoor 1.2 petrol

As posted on another forum, many thanks for your helpful replies. I will follow up what has been posted. No: nothing is being stashed there. 😄 It was to have been used to hold a small auxiliary AGM battery to free up space in the back when I need auxilairy power but not enough to justify my 110Ah battery. I use the polystyrene arrangement to already hold items. As someone mentioned, the present insert is to store the push in trailer hitch but I don't normally have the hitch with me.  

Thanks again

Later: I have checked the part order quoted for 2WD and it looks on the money. (I assume the 4WD version of this box is different due to the physically different arrangement under the outer boot floor due to the 4WD mechanics.) I will see if I can get hold of the internal dimensions and then take it from there.

Yes: it was me with the smart alternator and trim queries a while back. Since then, CTEK have created a split charger variant that can handle a smart alternator without having to use a relay.  

3 hours ago, Llanigraham said:

I don't think there is any difference between the 2 or 4WD boxes.

Thanks.

Elsewhere in the thread two part numbers were quoted for 2 and 4WD which is why I made that assumption about what is happening under the boot outer floor. I will await a reply from the spares company who asked for the VIN (which the Skoda Yeti >airbag recall< site says is not a valid VIN despite it agreeing with what is on the car and, presumably, has caused no problems for the dealer over the years and which does work for a general recall check and GPS mapping updates. Maybe they mean that my car is not involved with the airbag recall??).

I also assume the spare part company is asking for the VIN to make sure the correct part is identified.

12 hours ago, Navcomic said:

I will await a reply from the spares company who asked for the VIN (which the Skoda Yeti >airbag recall< site says is not a valid VIN despite it agreeing with what is on the car and, presumably, has caused no problems for the dealer over the years and which does work for a general recall check and GPS mapping updates. Maybe they mean that my car is not involved with the airbag recall??

I have today rung my Skoda agent and he feels 'pretty sure' this airbag recall does not apply to the UK. He also said that if the recall does to the UK, there will be the usual letter from Skoda and/or the Agent will make contact with me as the owner of the car.

Time will tell....

11 hours ago, muddyjim said:

This topic (linked below) specifically the last post (by gyp) confirms which models had a shallow 'battery box' 

Thanks. I have had a look and several points come out of this thread. I have a feeling this is a wild goosechase on my part.....

@NavcomicThese RECALLS apply in the UK, and Registered Keepers should get letters, but only if their vehicles are part of the build series involved in the Recall.

Registered Keepers do get missed, 

and Recalls even fail sometimes to shows 'Recall Actions / Service Campaings / Workshop Actions' on the Skoda VIN checker even when a full 'Safety Recall'

http://skoda-auto.com/services/recall-actions

Screenshot 2023-03-23 13.50.57.png

Screenshot 2023-03-23 13.51.21.png

Edited by toot

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all. I cannot find the 'mark as solution' button I have been prompted about so I will close it here. It seems that the 'shallow' version of the box (the A version of the part number used with the insert for the detachable hitch) is for 2WD and the deeper version designed for a battery is for 4WD. Thanks again for your help.

• Like 3