Is it worth remapping a Superb Sportline 2L TDI 150BHP?

Hi All,

I just wanted to get some advice on from the community on  whether it is worth doing the above?  I've read a lot about remapping these engines is only a good thing.  Would this increase the BHP to the 190 version?  In fact, i was wondering what the difference would be engine wise between the two models.  I can't imagine it's a different engine, so what is actually different between the two?  I do like the paddle shift on the Sportline versus my previous L&K and certainly makes a difference accelerating over just using Sport Mode.  Any/all advice would be gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance.

I have just remapped my 2019 150 tdi.

The figures from all the remap companys will tel you that the car will end up with 185 - 190 hp and 420-430 nm........so actually, slightly more powerful than the 190 version, but I find it is not as powerful as the std 190.

The standard 190 has a bigger turbo and higher spec injectors .

I ran a 190 for almost 4 years and this January chopped it in against a 150, within 24 hours I had the 150 remapped.........it is definitely worth doing....definitely. But you won't have a faster car than a 190.

I find with the remapped 150, I don't really have to rev it past 3k because the torque is so strong now. 

At motorway speeds (120 kmh in Ireland) a little dab on the throttle will drop the car to 6th gear and the roll on grunt is very impressive.

Did I mention it's worth doing !!

• Like 3
  • Love it! 1

As above, the new map doesn't just increase the bhp to roughly the same as a 190. The driveability improves to probably better than the 190. The torque increase at all revs makes the car stronger in any gear. The power is also usually smoother across the range and less likely to tail off towards the top.

• Like 1

Remapping a 150 TDI certainly wakes it up.  We're running both a remapped 150 TDI Yeti, manual 4x4 and a bog standard Karoq 190 TDI, DSG 4x4.   Driven enthusiastically, the Yeti will stay with the Karoq but being a manual and a Yeti it's harder work and much less refined.  

I can see a remap of the engine and gearbox ECU's in the Karoq's future.  220 bhp and 470 Nm beckons.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, k.young said:

The figures from all the remap companys will tel you that the car will end up with 185 - 190 hp and 420-430 nm........so actually, slightly more powerful than the 190 version, but I find it is not as powerful as the std 190.

I ran a 190 for almost 4 years and this January chopped it in against a 150, within 24 hours I had the 150 remapped.........it is definitely worth doing....definitely. But you won't have a faster car than a 190.

I find with the remapped 150, I don't really have to rev it past 3k because the torque is so strong now. 

At motorway speeds (120 kmh in Ireland) a little dab on the throttle will drop the car to 6th gear and the roll on grunt is very impressive.

Who did your remap?  And your servicing?

Edited by Legacy
  • Love it! 1

1 hour ago, Legacy said:

Who did your remap?  And your servicing?

A lad called Brian, based in Kilcock, Co.Kildare done the remap for me (I'd have to root out the actual name of the company)

Servicing is normally done by a friend of mine (Independant garage) using Skoda genuine parts, where possible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarkyG82 said:

As above, the new map doesn't just increase the bhp to roughly the same as a 190. The driveability improves to probably better than the 190. The torque increase at all revs makes the car stronger in any gear. The power is also usually smoother across the range and less likely to tail off towards the top.

The 190 is more likely to trouble the traction control than the remapped 150

My 190 was a 2016 so had the 6 spd DSG, whereas my 2019 150 has the 7 spd.........it's a weird change from 1st to 2nd in the 7spd, I find............it kinda slips the clutch between 1st and 2nd (this is probably why it doesn't break traction as easily as my old 190.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, k.young said:

A lad called Brian, based in Kilcock, Co.Kildare done the remap for me (I'd have to root out the actual name of the company)

Servicing is normally done by a friend of mine (Independant garage) using Skoda genuine parts, where possible.

Thanks - I'm in Kildare as well.  I'll probably wait another 18 months until the warranty is up but would be very interested in a remap and independent servicing at that stage

18 hours ago, k.young said:

The 190 is more likely to trouble the traction control than the remapped 150

My 190 was a 2016 so had the 6 spd DSG, whereas my 2019 150 has the 7 spd.........it's a weird change from 1st to 2nd in the 7spd, I find............it kinda slips the clutch between 1st and 2nd (this is probably why it doesn't break traction as easily as my old 190.

That's interesting and something a lot of us wouldn't consider. I stand by my statement on the engine side. Are there any 190s on the old box or are the older ones the 184 engine? Or maybe they didn't do the 184 in the superb?

• Like 1

On 22/03/2023 at 18:06, MarkyG82 said:

That's interesting and something a lot of us wouldn't consider. I stand by my statement on the engine side. Are there any 190s on the old box or are the older ones the 184 engine? Or maybe they didn't do the 184 in the superb?

The 184 is a different engine altogether. I don't think it was ever in a Superb.

Golf's & Octavia's

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JoaoVr said:

This is mine last week, frim 150hp to 180hp. It feels like the car is way lighter 😃

333327589_1271047933839892_2604746671294575576_n.webp.thumb.jpg.e3f8dbf34efe0f594ad1e8b6d09c6723.jpg

The car feeling "lighter" is a great way of describing it. Look at the gain on your torque curve.

Absolutely no need to ever rev past 3k

On 21/03/2023 at 20:25, k.young said:

Many thanks K.Young for that.  I really needed someone with 1st hand experience for some advice.  Really like my 2018 Sportline 2l 150BHP and much better than my 2016 L&K 150 BHP in terms of performance but figured i could go better and interesting to know hardware wise it is different between the 150 & 190 BHP. 

Hi All, thank you all for your advice here.  Do you have any recommendations for a remapping company in the London area or Midlands? I'm on an extended warranty with Skoda, would this be affected by a remap?  I kinda know the answer is yes but just wanted confirmation.