Automatic Central Locking When Moving

Bluejet

Picked up my new Kamiq 1.0 SE (in ridiculously expensive red paint!) and am delighted with it but.....

How on earth do you turn off the annoying central locking (and its noisy clunk) when the car starts moving - by default?  I know I can turn it off with the 'padlock' button at the centre console but it just clunks back on again after every time you stop at the lights etc.  If I want to lock the doors from the inside as a 'one-off', why can't I just do that by pressing the button rather than it being a default?

All advice gratefully received! 

5 hours ago, Bluejet said:

Picked up my new Kamiq 1.0 SE (in ridiculously expensive red paint!) and am delighted with it but.....

How on earth do you turn off the annoying central locking (and its noisy clunk) when the car starts moving - by default?  I know I can turn it off with the 'padlock' button at the centre console but it just clunks back on again after every time you stop at the lights etc.  If I want to lock the doors from the inside as a 'one-off', why can't I just do that by pressing the button rather than it being a default?

All advice gratefully received! 

Try this. On the touchscreen go Vehicle/settings/Opening and Closing.

13 minutes ago, Routemaster1461 said:

Try this. On the touchscreen go Vehicle/settings/Opening and Closing.

Thanks…..I tried that but on the Kamiq it only seems to offer settings for which doors are opened by buttons on the key as far as I can see!

7 minutes ago, Bluejet said:

Thanks…..I tried that but on the Kamiq it only seems to offer settings for which doors are opened by buttons on the key as far as I can see!

On many cars pushing and holding the locking button will deactivate or activate locking.

5 hours ago, Bluejet said:

Looks like it's been removed as an option. On older models there is also this option in there 

https://digital-manual.skoda-auto.com/w/en_GB/show/2b5dc07810ea509292649d3f7fdce4e2_13_en_GB?ct=2b5dc07810ea509292649d3f7fdce4e2_13_en_GB

Automatic locking after starting

All doors and the boot lid are locked when a speed of 15 km/h is reached.

Unlocking of the vehicle takes place when opening a door from the inside or when removing the key from the ignition.

It shows up in the manual up to the 06/2022 version but then isn't there in the 11/2022 revision.

Edited by BenNW

5 hours ago, Routemaster1461 said:

On many cars pushing and holding the locking button will deactivate or activate locking.

Thanks. I’ll give it a try but it’s beginning to look like something only dealership can change….or someone who’s a whizz with OBD11 and changing codes!!

12 minutes ago, BenNW said:

Looks like it's been removed as an option. On older models there is also this option in there 

https://digital-manual.skoda-auto.com/w/en_GB/show/2b5dc07810ea509292649d3f7fdce4e2_13_en_GB?ct=2b5dc07810ea509292649d3f7fdce4e2_13_en_GB

Automatic locking after starting

All doors and the boot lid are locked when a speed of 15 km/h is reached.

Unlocking of the vehicle takes place when opening a door from the inside or when removing the key from the ignition.

It shows up in the manual up to the 06/2022 version but then isn't there in the 11/2022 revision.

Thank you.  I was beginning to think it was just me!!  Reading elsewhere, it seems that the option still exists but it has to be enabled by a dealership or someone who can fiddle with OBD11 and codes ..which sounds like a recipe for disaster to me!  Maybe I’ll just have to put up with it clunking all the time…it’s like being in black cab! Most annoying and unnecessary unless you spend a lot of time in the mean streets of the big cities rather than rural Somerset!

Got my Kamiq in December and had to turn it on. Available in Settings in mine. Same in my wife's Karoq 

Edited by sussamb

22 minutes ago, sussamb said:

Got my Kamiq in December and had to turn it on. Available in Settings in mine. Same in my wife's Karoq 

Thanks.  Seems from an earlier post that the very latest production has removed the option to switch it on or off - so I'm going to have to talk to the dealer it seems. 

• Like 1