Thank you and farewell

All the best in Jaguar land. When you realise the error of your ways we will still be here 😜

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/04/2023 at 13:05, PatFinland said:

Divorce? Kids finally out of the house? What gives? 😅

Enjoy the Jag' !

Haha - the good lady and I are still together, but we don't have or plan to have kids. 

It's certainly been an entertaining first week of ownership, especially in torrential rain on Pirelli P Zeros - yes, they are as bad on the Jag as the Skoda! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/04/2023 at 15:20, KeteCantek said:

What a timeline. Small car(couple), bigger car (small kids), big car (kids with lots of stuff), sod the kids!  

My assumption anyways. Excellent and enjoy the Jag

Never any kids in the equation, but my wife had a habit of buying large items on eBay and other places which needed van-like transportation. Well, I at least used that as an excuse to get into the 272 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/07/2023 at 23:25, Lady Elanore said:

How's life with the Jag going. I must admit I've had a hankering for a V8 Jag F type for many years. Even with the OPF, they still sound great. 

It certainly puts a smile on the face (of both me and the owner of the local petrol station!)

The commute is so much more pleasurable as you care less about the idiots around you and relax. As you say, the engine note never gets old and trying to get it to crackle in different ways in the new game. The performance is astonishing!

I do miss the versatility of the Superb, but still hugely happy with the decision to go impractical 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lady Elanore said:

I read they can get up to 30mpg on the motorway at roughly the speed limit? 

I assume you have the four wheel drive version :) 

It can do 26 on a combined run to work with no traffic. You're right that 30+ is doable on a free-flowing M road. Overall 22mpg, dropping to 12 on a spirited run.

Yes, P575 AWD.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rikochet said:

It can do 26 on a combined run to work with no traffic. You're right that 30+ is doable on a free-flowing M road. Overall 22mpg, dropping to 12 on a spirited run.

Yes, P575 AWD.

Go on, be honest, have you taken out fuse 15 yet :D 

8 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

Go on, be honest, have you taken out fuse 15 yet :D 

In kindness to my neighbours, that fuse is still in place 😇

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Rikochet said:

In kindness to my neighbours, that fuse is still in place 😇

I've never owned a V8 (been lucky to drive quite a few though) and it's an itch I would love to scratch before the fun police ban such things (Said tongue in cheek...of course). As I will be retiring sometime around the end of the decade, time is running out for me to get something like the F type and still be able to afford to run it, so although I told myself I was done with silly cars after my current one, maybe... :thinking:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

I've never owned a V8 (been lucky to drive quite a few though) and it's an itch I would love to scratch before the fun police ban such things (Said tongue in cheek...of course). As I will be retiring sometime around the end of the decade, time is running out for me to get something like the F type and still be able to afford to run it, so although I told myself I was done with silly cars after my current one, maybe... :thinking:

I've had a 400SE ( TVR ) and a Dax Cobra you never really get rid of the V8 itch just kind of put it on hold 😆

I remember spinning a Harley Davidson F150 pickup through 90 degrees in the middle of Manchester. It had the F150 lightning engine (slightly down-tuned) and a live axel. It was raining very hard, in my defence :D Sounded great....above the screaming. 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On 29/07/2023 at 20:52, Rikochet said:

Yes, P575 AWD.

I may be joining your club.... :) 

• Love it! 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/10/2023 at 19:09, Lady Elanore said:

I may be joining your club.... :) 

Exciting! It looks like prices are taking a bit of a small dip at the moment, so could be a great time to buy 😃

What specs are you looking for?