Karoq Current Delivery Lead Time - 8-10 Weeks Dealer Optimism?

nick348

I'm currently considering ordering an SE L in Meteor Grey but just wondering if the dealer is being optimistic in quoting a 8-10 weeks delivery time. Any recent real world experiences?

I ordered my SportLine back in November last year and I collected it from the dealer 14 weeks later, obviously Christmas and New Year fell in between so not too bad really, pretty much what @Dazm said.

Edited by Modders

My Kodiaq arrived on 24 March - 19 weeks from order date.

I thought I was lucky. Expected up to 6 months.

Though I was told that petrol cars arrive quicker than diesels.

On 08/04/2023 at 13:42, nick348 said:

I'm currently considering ordering an SE L in Meteor Grey but just wondering if the dealer is being optimistic in quoting a 8-10 weeks delivery time. Any recent real world experiences?

You can always test the dealer by saying something like extra £200 off price per week from 11th week, but of course you won't mind as not expecting it that late.   

Then see what their reaction is, or if they back peddle on delivery date estimate.   After a long pause ask them why they misled you (if they did)

8 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

You can always test the dealer by saying something like extra £200 off price per week from 11th week, but of course you won't mind as not expecting it that late.   

Then see what their reaction is, or if they back peddle on delivery date estimate.   After a long pause ask them why they misled you (if they did)

Can't see them wearing that one........but a nice thought!

There seem to be major problems at Emden according to this report: Dealers complain new VW, Audi and Porsche cars stuck in huge German port backlog – Car Dealer Magazine

and of course Skoda also use this for shipments to the Midlands and north, as well as VW, Audi etc! 

So just getting your car built, may not guarantee an early delivery!

Chris