Windscreen Wiper Replacements

I'm looking to replace my front and rear wipers after 2 years (vrs estate), has anyone replaced theirs and got recommendations on which ones to get?  Seems Bosch A680S are replacements for the front?

I've been looking in to new wipers too, and bought Bosch A331H for the rear and Bosch A860S set for the front off Amazon.

The rear fits perfectly.

The front set I returned. The driver side blade is 600mm, the original fit on mine (SE L First Edition) is 660mm. The one from the set would fit fine but the swept area is smaller, as I am tall and sit high in the car I need the swept area as high as it can be. I haven't yet bought a replacement but am leaning towards the Bosch A310S set which has a 650mm blade (lower cost than the A860S set too).

Edited by SteveTheElder
Typo 🙄
  • Like 2

I asked Bosch this question 18 months into ownership since their catalogue didn't show any entries. Eventually they said A860S but as SteveTheElder has found the driver side blade is too short. I ended up buying two singles; AP26U  and AP19U which fit perfectly (650mm and 475mm). Can't help with the rear.

A310S looked promising but none of the online checkers wanted to admit it might fit the Octavia.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Did anyone get the Bosch A310S set for a RHD Octy? 

They seem to be the closest pair I can find in size to what I have fitted from the factory, but as stated above I keep getting warnings they don't fit my car! 

Just wanted to check before I pull the trigger. 

1 hour ago, BacktoaVRS said:

They seem to be the closest pair I can find in size to what I have fitted from the factory, but as stated above I keep getting warnings they don't fit my car! 

I have some, delivered the other day, not fitted yet 🙄

Will report back later (or tomorrow if I don't have time to fit this evening)

4 hours ago, BacktoaVRS said:

2 hours ago, SteveTheElder said:

I have some, delivered the other day, not fitted yet 🙄

Will report back later (or tomorrow if I don't have time to fit this evening)

Just tried them. Short answer:  they DO NOT fit.

The length is a perfect match to the original ✔️

The arm fitting is at the right position along the blade ✔️

The arm fitting is too wide for the mounting point on the arm itself ✖️

Frustrating as it's another set to send back to Mr. Amazon 🙄

Seems Bosch don't make a 650mm to fit so I think it'll be a trip to Halford and try the Valeo blades as I want the 650mm length like the originals, not the shorter 600mm which retailers say are for the Octy 4.

On 17/04/2023 at 10:55, inspectorman said:

I asked Bosch this question 18 months into ownership since their catalogue didn't show any entries. Eventually they said A860S but as SteveTheElder has found the driver side blade is too short. I ended up buying two singles; AP26U  and AP19U which fit perfectly (650mm and 475mm). Can't help with the rear.

A310S looked promising but none of the online checkers wanted to admit it might fit the Octavia.

I've just re-read the whole thread. I'm going to try the Bosch ones mentioned by @inspectorman above before the Valeo ones.

2 minutes ago, SteveTheElder said:

Just tried them. Short answer:  they DO NOT fit.

The length is a perfect match to the original ✔️

The arm fitting is at the right position along the blade ✔️

The arm fitting is too wide for the mounting point on the arm itself ✖️

Frustrating as it's another set to send back to Mr. Amazon 🙄

Seems Bosch don't make a 650mm to fit so I think it'll be a trip to Halford and try the Valeo blades as I want the 650mm length like the originals, not the shorter 600mm which retailers say are for the Octy 4.

Mmh, yeah that's a shame as I'd also like to keep the same length 🙁

Thanks for the feedback though, I might have to try single sizes AP26U  and AP19U as @inspectorman suggested, shame as it seems more expensive than buying a pair, not sure why it's so difficult to find a pair the right size! 🙂

• Like 1

I got the AP26U and AP19U as suggested by @inspectorman (thanks) and yes, they fit. Need to use fitting 4, and be careful not to pinch fingers in the process of putting them on the wiper arms (I did the same one twice in the same place - damned painful. Perhaps says more about my skill set than the wipers themselves 🙄).

Being a generic fit they are symmetric in profile whereas the original fit and the A310S are asymmetric. I guess there may be a slight impact on performance in some conditions (high speed?) but I don’t know yet. If there isn’t why else would Bosch go to the bother of asymmetry?

Edited by SteveTheElder

• 3 months later...
On 17/04/2023 at 10:55, inspectorman said:

Available as a pair here

https://www.driveden.com/product/bosch-ap26u-ap19u-aerotwin-plus-front-wiper-blade-set-to-fit-skoda-octavia-hatchback-mk4-2020-2-12273#product_description