Octavia error codes on start up

Hi

Per this video, I am getting a lot of error codes on start up (sorry but I couldn't change the orientation): 

This series of codes appeared several times before but only lasted for a few days and then went away, this time they appears every time I start the car for the past 4 or 5 weeks.

Since they previously appeared then disappeared, I assumed they were not validly showing any physical problem with my car.

Has anyone seen such instance of all these error appearing? and if so, what did you need to do to resolve it?

Thanks a lot

Fergal

1 hour ago, FergalK said:

Battery seems fine. Never struggles to start bought a new one approximately one and a half years ago

I'd still check just to make sue. It seems on modern cars it's other systems that start failing before car struggles to start. Power steering a common early symptom. At least measure the voltage before first starting to confirm all ok.

40 minutes ago, FergalK said:

Thanks lads. I'll check the voltage today, what voltage should I be expecting started and unstarted? 

Unstarted over 12V, just started probably over 14V.

11.95v isn't particularly good, ideally it should be around 12.4 to 12.6.

Though my battery isn't that old and it's still a little lower than that, but not under 12v. We do a lot of short journeys though.

How long does it take to drop down to 12v after stopping?

11.95 is fine given that the OP has simply opened the bonnet and measured it without going through the tedious routine of foooling the ECU that the car is still closed and locked after 20 minutes, the Can gateway and several controllers will still be active dropping the voltage to below 12v. The magnitude of the current can be judged by the massive spark you get when you first connect the battery terminals.

The OP should be checking the battery terminals, earth lead  and starter connections as it sounds like there is excessive volt drop to the ECU and Can controllers on start up.

• Like 1

When this occurred several times before, during a drive all the warning lights would turn off and adaptive cruise control, Park Pilot would all function normally again.

However I have observed that within the same journey, all the warning lights could turn on again - it was very intermittent, now it seems permanent.

Originally, the warning lights seemed to coincide with when I washed the car - as if moisture was causing the issue, though it would also happen on dry days.

We had a very wet March here in Ireland and that was when the issue started again, though this may be just coincidental

Hi all. Thanks @FergalK for bringing this subject up. I have a 2015 Scout 2.0 tdi Combi and I have been getting almost the exact same range of errors in mine 

My (many) simultaneous errors include the ECS, Tyre pressure loss, error in cornering lights (AFS) and an error in the Stop Start system.- my errors started only last week. So this looks a bit like planned obsolescence to me given that our vehicles are the same age 😀!!! I jest.

My almost identical problems started only appearing intermittently and disappearing - like you - on a damp morning - stopping when the engine warmed up. Now they are permanently displayed. 

I ran an attached VCDS scan (report attached) which displayed a catalogue of errors - you might find it helpful for your own use case. 

I find the suspicion that it may be the battery to be quite interesting though as my electric tailgate started playing up last week and no longer works - I didn’t think there was a link with these errors and the tailgate problem - but maybe there is? Interested in a solution guys! Cheers in advance.

(My battery reads as 12.36v at startup - and 14.3v once started)

error backup 1 Log-JDL875-TMBMK7NE5F0198351-168298km-104575mi.txt

7 hours ago, spindlegridley said:

My (many) simultaneous errors include the ECS, Tyre pressure loss, error in cornering lights (AFS) and an error in the Stop Start system.

Sounds very like an ABS wheel sensor to me - all those systems need to know wheel speed so them all appearing together strongly suggests that.

I had the same raft of faults on my previous Octavia and the cause was the right rear wheel speed sensor.

• Like 1

I have had it once only, about 15 seconds after lihtly clipping a kerb with the right rear wheel when taking a corner too close not allowing for the different trajectory of the rear axle to the front.

Warnings went away when I recycled the ignition and have not come back, I checked the sensor connector visibly when I refitted the summer tyres, if I have problems in the future I will know what connector to suspect but a VCDS scan would confirm.

• Like 1