Skoda Fabia vRS trouble code P226100 discovered

@toot,

Only just checked today when my obd arrived earlier this week... have owned the car since start of April and had it fully serviced at Skoda dealership on 11th April at 60k with no mention of such issues 😕

Edited by jonnieboi82
Update mileage
  • Confused 1

You have no issues just a fault code logged.

What was done when fully serviced?, As in parts replaced.

Oil & Filter, pollen filter, air filter, brake fluid changed, were the spark plugs changed?

If the car was not plugged in for a diagnostic they would not know there was a fault code showing if there was then.

1179912860_922218293_Screenshot2022-09-2115_58_57.jpg.3711dc86397a804fc83f268add4ae736(1).jpg.606196879c2532f67305f1ec411800c6.jpg

7 minutes ago, toot said:

You have no issues just a fault code logged.

What was done when fully serviced?, As in parts replaced.

Oil & Filter, pollen filter, air filter, brake fluid changed, were the spark plugs changed?

If the car was not plugged in for a diagnostic they would not know there was a fault code showing if there was then.

1179912860_922218293_Screenshot2022-09-2115_58_57.jpg.3711dc86397a804fc83f268add4ae736(1).jpg.606196879c2532f67305f1ec411800c6.jpg

Just Oil & Filter, pollen filter and air filter, apparently the spark plugs were replaced the the previous service in 2022...I did mention to them that I had just purchased the car and thought the car may be a bit noisy on cold start but they said everything seems good

Edited by jonnieboi82

OK so not a Fully Serviced, just an Oil & Inspection service if even that and pollen and air filter.

Any record of when the plugs were changed or history of previous services?

?

Are you running it on Super Unleaded?   

Re Fault code your reader has brought up, 

Look at the Coolant level cold, maybe mark with a marker pen where it is and watch for any drop in that when checked cold. 

Edited by toot
  • Like 1

Yup in the previous service (2022) according to the service book I have (been serviced every year with the last few by independent garages)...

Running super unleaded for sure

Will certainly look at the coolant level for sure thanks @toot!

• Like 1

What OBD reader are you using, and can it give real time data while driving. Sure that if there was no boost pressure you would notice as it would feel strong on the supercharger then go flat as the clutch dis-engages or the other way round depending where in range boost pressure issue is seen. I use Torque app and a bluetooth OBD dongle which reads boost pressure - but only as reported to the ECU and sensors.

Edited by KeithCheetham

3 minutes ago, KeithCheetham said:

What OBD reader are you using, and can it give real time data while driving. Sure that if there was no boost pressure you would notice as it would feel strong on the supercharger then go flat as the clutch dis-engages. I use Torque app and a bluetooth OBD dongle which reads boost pressure - as reported to the ECU.

I'm using OBDEleven

12 minutes ago, sepulchrave said:

The fault may not even be relevant, I would clear it and see if it returns.

Yup! Have cleared it so will check again later in the week but will also follow up on the advices above...

Appreciate all the support and advices from everyone here 

• 3 weeks later...

Reporting back,

Probably my own rookie mistake (running the diagnostic without turning the engine on) but everything seems to look good so far since my last report, no related error display...will continue to monitor 

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, jonnieboi82 said:

Seems the error has shown up again after running the obd reader, but haven't noticed anything odd whilst driving and checking coolant levels  (recently had to change the oil over weekend)...

Please stop looking for problems, if you look hard enough even on a brand new car you'll find something...