Kopacek/Superskoda

jorg

Think twice before buying anything from this company if you are based in the UK. We paid for a Skoda Superb part (rear diffuser) worth 234.98 Euro on 7 Oct 23. After delays in delivery and assurances that the item had been posted through Parceforce, the company later advised us to wait for 3 months before they can look at making a refund. Tracking link provided by the company clear suggests that the item never left Cze Republic. They have since stopped responding to our emails when we started asking for our refund. I should have read online reviews before placing an order with this company.

I've ordered from Kopacek/SuperSkoda several times both before and after Brexit, and never had any problems.

Before Brexit they would accept and deliver orders of anything on their website, but post-Brexit they have a policy of only delivering items of a size that Royal Mail will accept due to "paperwork issues" - and they have refused an order I attempted to place for the bonnet struts for an Octavia 3.

So as I understand it your order for a rear diffuser should never have been accepted.

12 hours ago, Lin70 said:

Think twice before buying anything from this company if you are based in the UK. We paid for a Skoda Superb part (rear diffuser) worth 234.98 Euro on 7 Oct 23. After delays in delivery and assurances that the item had been posted through Parceforce, the company later advised us to wait for 3 months before they can look at making a refund. Tracking link provided by the company clear suggests that the item never left Cze Republic. They have since stopped responding to our emails when we started asking for our refund. I should have read online reviews before placing an order with this company.

Hi there. I understand the big issue buying from them is Brexit. Lots of eu based people seem to have no issues. It does state on their site this is the case. I personally wouldn't attempt to use again(unless I was in EU country). They obviously have great choice/products

12 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

I've ordered from Kopacek/SuperSkoda several times both before and after Brexit, and never had any problems.

Before Brexit they would accept and deliver orders of anything on their website, but post-Brexit they have a policy of only delivering items of a size that Royal Mail will accept due to "paperwork issues" - and they have refused an order I attempted to place for the bonnet struts for an Octavia 3.

So as I understand it your order for a rear diffuser should never have been accepted.

• Like 1

@jorgYou are very lucky about never having problems with your orders from this company. Our order has not been delivered and no refund has been made back to us. I’ve had several email correspondences with them about this order and they have never mentioned any issues at any point about the size of our order. I’ve got all emails from them. As for the Brexit issue, we have ordered a few larger items from another company in Czech Republic (Skoda-daily.cz AKA Skoda-parts.com) with no problems at all. Brexit is not the issue.

Edited by Lin70

17 hours ago, Lin70 said:

As for the Brexit issue, we have ordered a few larger items from another company in Czech Republic (Skoda-daily.cz AKA Skoda-parts.com) with no problems at all. Brexit is not the issue.

Kopacek/SuperSkoda have gone on record as saying that they do not want to deal with the extra export/import paperwork needed post-Brexit, so for them Brexit IS the issue.

Thank you PetroDave for this clarification, but I wonder why they took my order and payment, and assured me that the order had been posted to me via Parcelforce. They have asked me to wait for 3 months to receive my refund while they trace the order an complete their return processes. It’s all a mess and poor customer service in my opinion. I wish I had read other buyers experiences before dealing with this company.

On 16/11/2023 at 09:25, PetrolDave said:

17 hours ago, Lin70 said:

I wonder why they took my order and payment

On 16/11/2023 at 21:57, Lin70 said:

they have refused an order I attempted to place for the bonnet struts

I'm also surprised given what they have said and how they asked me to remove the bonnet struts from my order.

Maybe your order was processed by a new or inexperienced member of staff?

I hope so because I'd like my money back. The seller at the time pre warned me about customs charges when the part has arrived in the UK, and email me details of how to pay the customs charges.

Before buying, it is recommended to check the background of the company.

From this year, the partner is Elfi, s.r.o. Vojtěšská 211/6 Praha.

Customer service is lacking, the phone is not answered, letters are answered from an unknown address.

https://regiony.kurzy.cz/praha/vojtesska/211-6/

Use the Chrome translator if you don't read Czech.

9 hours ago, Trein said:

Before buying, it is recommended to check the background of the company.

From this year, the partner is Elfi, s.r.o. Vojtěšská 211/6 Praha.

Customer service is lacking, the phone is not answered, letters are answered from an unknown address.

https://regiony.kurzy.cz/praha/vojtesska/211-6/

Use the Chrome translator if you don't read Czech.

This is your first post.. Did you really registered only to say that?

------

Anyway, I've never had any issue with them. They have regular discounts and even without them, OEM parts are ~15% cheaper than my local dealer. Yes, I'm not located in UK.

The only drawback for me is that I have to make orders over 200 euros to get a free shipping. But yeah I'm living in a small country from which, I guess, they don't receive many orders.

• Like 1

Good morning, fellas! There is 20% discount on all OEM parts today with code BLACK20 :) 

As a I reminder check postage terms and conditions to your location.

PS: I'll get some rubber mats and child seat protectors for the car which hasn't arrived yet :D

• 1 month later...

I may be both naive and lucky !

I bought a set of mats and a few small bits for my Superb before reading the above.

Delivery took nearly a month and tracking was impossible, but everything arrived and no customs charges - yet !

8 hours ago, youngtimer said:

I may be both naive and lucky !

I bought a set of mats and a few small bits for my Superb before reading the above.

Delivery took nearly a month and tracking was impossible, but everything arrived and no customs charges - yet !

Great to hear that you got no charges. I'm pretty sure you got lucky :) 

BTW what mats did you buy? I bought the regular rubber one and it's a bit rubbish and cheap. And it's the OEM one.

My Octavia III's OEM boot mat had much better rubber quality and lower board around the corners, looking much better. I guess I had to take the double-sided one https://eshop.skoda-auto.cz/en_CZ/double-sided-boot-mat-superb-iii-limo/p/3V5061163

I bought a complete set of rubber mats which are OEM; i have always preferred to get original.

Yes, they're not as thick as others i've had but they have smartened up the cabin ! Time will tell whether they're good quality.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would like to add my recent experience with a product from this company which was very dissappointing.

I purchased a VRS style footrest to match my VRS pedal covers which is described on their website as OEM quality:

"- over 35,000eur invested in the design and mold
- rapid prototyping used during the development
- OEM fitment and quality
- same design as the rest of the RS pedals caps !!
- forget the cheap ebay imitations and get the real OEM quality !!!"

I received the item in good time and it was well packaged. At first glance it looked rather nice, although a bit thin and flimsy. I went to install it after removing the original Skoda footrest, and whilst trying to slide the new footrest onto its plastic mounting hooks, both the hooks snapped straight off at the same time, with very little force. The hooks were lined up perfectly and the only way to install it is to slide the footrest downwards so the plastic hooks engage into the metal cutouts in the floor. After closer inspection, you can clearly see the plastic hooks are made of extremely stiff and brittle plastic, unlike the original Skoda part which is more flexible. Also, the hooks on the original part hard larger openings for more clearance. I did NOT force the part in any way, whatsoever. I barely put any pressure on it before the hooks snapped off simultaneously.

I emailed Superskoda / Kopacek to request a return and supplied photos as requested. This is the resonse I got:

"Hello,

I´ve handed it to check by manager as we never had such claim.

The information I´ve to provide to you is the claim is rejected - as the installation was done wrong.

Regards

Magdalena

Kopacek.com team"

I'm very dissappointed at this response as I am a genuine person, I'm not trying to take the p**s here. I did not install it incorrectly. I'm deliberately careful when installing aftermarket parts for this exact reason! I've used this company many times before and always been impressed with the quality of their parts and delivery times etc. This is the first time I've ever had an issue and I'm not impressed with the response I got.

Just be aware that if you ever do have a problem with one of their products, you may get a similar response.

29 minutes ago, golf2 said:

I would like to add my recent experience with a product from this company which was very dissappointing.

I purchased a VRS style footrest to match my VRS pedal covers which is described on their website as OEM quality:

"- over 35,000eur invested in the design and mold
- rapid prototyping used during the development
- OEM fitment and quality
- same design as the rest of the RS pedals caps !!
- forget the cheap ebay imitations and get the real OEM quality !!!"

I received the item in good time and it was well packaged. At first glance it looked rather nice, although a bit thin and flimsy. I went to install it after removing the original Skoda footrest, and whilst trying to slide the new footrest onto its plastic mounting hooks, both the hooks snapped straight off at the same time, with very little force. The hooks were lined up perfectly and the only way to install it is to slide the footrest downwards so the plastic hooks engage into the metal cutouts in the floor. After closer inspection, you can clearly see the plastic hooks are made of extremely stiff and brittle plastic, unlike the original Skoda part which is more flexible. Also, the hooks on the original part hard larger openings for more clearance. I did NOT force the part in any way, whatsoever. I barely put any pressure on it before the hooks snapped off simultaneously.

I emailed Superskoda / Kopacek to request a return and supplied photos as requested. This is the resonse I got:

"Hello,

I´ve handed it to check by manager as we never had such claim.

The information I´ve to provide to you is the claim is rejected - as the installation was done wrong.

Regards

Magdalena

Kopacek.com team"

I'm very dissappointed at this response as I am a genuine person, I'm not trying to take the p**s here. I did not install it incorrectly. I'm deliberately careful when installing aftermarket parts for this exact reason! I've used this company many times before and always been impressed with the quality of their parts and delivery times etc. This is the first time I've ever had an issue and I'm not impressed with the response I got.

Just be aware that if you ever do have a problem with one of their products, you may get a similar response.

I bought some rubber mats. I received them very very sticky and in bad condition. I don't know if the mats are original or not.

I receive the same reply from Magdalena. She said they have never had this problem before, and I was the first person with this problem...

They did not accept the return.

Then, I opened a dispute in the RLL web of the European Comission against the shop. You can try with this, if the shop don't accept the problem.

• Sad 1

Thanks Oscarito, I will bare that in mind.

It is a shame as I have had many great products from them and always been very impressed with fast delivery to the UK.

It's the first time I've ever had an issue and it is a genuine one.

I've just received the VRS pedal covers and LED boot (trunk) bulbs from Kopacek. All fitted and working great with no problems.

I had the VRS RHD footrest on a previous Octavia, and had a similar problem to @golf2 but only one of the lugs broke off so it was still usable. I have to agree that the material Kopacek use is quite brittle and not really fit for purpose.

• Love it! 1

I'm glad to hear it wasn't just me with the footrest issues.

I'm also glad to hear you're happy with the other parts! I ended up buying my pedal covers second hand on eBay as they weren't in stock on Kopacek at the time. It does make the interior look a bit nicer 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2024 at 12:34 PM, Oscarito said:

I bought some rubber mats. I received them very very sticky and in bad condition. I don't know if the mats are original or not.

I receive the same reply from Magdalena. She said they have never had this problem before, and I was the first person with this problem...

They did not accept the return.

Then, I opened a dispute in the RLL web of the European Comission against the shop. You can try with this, if the shop don't accept the problem.

Auto Quote. 

RLL is a web of the European Comision, to solve problems between shops and consumers. I opened there a dispute, but as the shop did not accept it, the process was not opened.

I contacted too with the European Consumer Center in Spain, and they could not do anything to solve the problem too, so there isn´t a way to solve the problem with this shop. Don´t buy here!!

• Like 1