Hiya chaps

Swapping out my brake booster for something electronically controllable, I need to convert 1/4" to 3/16" to fit with the rest of the Felicia's brake system, these seemingly don't exist.

Felicia has 4 outlets on it's existing master cylinder in 3/16th, one I'm installing has two in 1/4", so need to T off the line and convert it to 3/16".

Anyone know where I can get parts? Either an adapter to (male) 1/4" to 3/16" (m/f), or a T with a 1/4" and two 3/16".

re. swap, will post a write up once I'm done with more information.

Turns out those were also incorrect. Found some but they'll need to come from either USA or China

Ordered these in the end

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N0AYGP6

in better news ancillary work is done so just waiting on adapters now.

In the past i needed one adapter for an oil oressure gauge and what's the quickest way?

A guy with a lathe machine which can custom fix anything, i went and in few minutes i had it in my hands.

Not really a thing in the UK without dropping a decent amount of cash sadly

Buying a new master cylinder from an Audi which should fit and have normal 3/16" brake lines.

Boredom kicked in from waiting for the 1/4" adapters from china, ordered a mk7 master cylinder hoping it'd be 3/16", it's not.

New strategy: had a friend design a bracket to convert the new brake boosters mount for the master cylinder to the felicias master cylinder. That will also let me keep my brake lines stock and the braking system running at it's designed forces.

Just waiting on confirmation from the fabricator, getting this made up cost less than what I've spent on testing other solutions + brake tools! Future is now and all I guess.

3D printed test uploaded, just waiting on the parts to arrive, will tack weld studs into the piece, good to go.

Original booster, checking fitment

PXL_20230604_184028566(1).thumb.jpg.7f0771bfbd2cf3b6d1902a43b4f1476a.jpg

New booster, all together

1347755907_Screenshotfrom2023-06-0519-23-54.thumb.png.e89b3abdb4b768ed38f14a5f27975248.pngPXL_20230604_184256080.thumb.jpg.39bc738f8417e1924700662130a8267b.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

Great news, it's from ABS plastic?

3D print was PLA from an ender 3 clone-clone-clone, adapter will be made out of laser cut steel

Happy friday gents

Weekend work lined up :)

Outer holes need expanding by ~ 0.6mm or so, inner holes need threading. Will be threading a 8mm stud and tack welding it in (my glorious inability to weld will be shown), then the new electronic brake booster will be installed finally!

Ended up making this adapter work for converting new bosch to old and vice versa, new to old probably won't fit through the center though.

Not sure how many kw the brake booster sucks away but my lump will be unnoticeably faster!

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/778315726527135794/1116641108324270080/PXL_20230609_081216540.jpg?width=495&height=660

• 4 weeks later...

OK not updated this in a while

Turns out I just need 3/16" M12 bolts, not to adapt the slightly bigger brake line to 3/16. Not a brake system man so learn something new everyday.

Adapter plate for original master cylinder is gone, welded it up and seemed "ok" but didn't trust it.

Now using a Golf mk7 master cylinder, Tesla iBooster, M12 union going to a generic T splitting off for front/rear sides respectively.

Installing new wheel cylinders shortly as last owner stripped the bleeders 😭

iBooster is secure in place, I'm not a huge fan of how it's installed - since I had to widen the existing holes it could do with a shim in-between the firewall and the bolts, pushing pedal feels ok but there's a bit of twisting motion if you push directly on the booster, on the axis where you push the brake pedal it's rock solid.

Next job is to delete Vacuum line and crimp connector, need to build a small harness to internally connect the iBoosters main plug and its pedal sensor (all on the unit) together, and provide 12v and ignition, that'll get it operating.

Future plans is to speak to it with CAN so I can use a radar and have forward collision, adaptive cruise, etc.

Just to add, I originally bought some crap eBay tool for brake lines, it did "work" but it was way more effort. I got the Draper 23313 brake flare tool and it's worked perfectly every time. Amount of time I wasted doing crap flares verses 10 minutes for all of them using this.

61GQ6H381mL._AC_SL1500_.jpg