Warning lights on after battery change

I changed the car battery on my Mk2 Superb last week but I'm left with several persistent warning lights: ABS, Tyre Pressure, Powered Steering and the headlight beam bend. The battery is identical spec to the original. My battery diagnostic tool isn't seeing any problem. Please help how to reset these alarms. I've driven several hundred miles since the replacement and the battery is fully charged. 

Many thanks, in anticipation. 

They usually go off by themselves when battery is exactly like for like but perhaps if you let the previous battery practically die and or over a longer period you might have upset the computer gods.

If you have a code reader or scan tool you could erase the error codes and that should do it, or you could perhaps try (not sure if it'll work just quick easy and inexpensive to try) starting the engine and leave on idle turning the power steering full lock both ways if the Superb 2 is electric power steering and/or put on other electric heavy loads for the computer to see the battery (and alternator) can cope and go for a drive so the computer gets the idea better.

I think you'll get more response if I ask for your thread to be moved to the Superb 2 section.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Think it's likely you haven't 'told' the car it's got a new battery.

Gaz

Edited by Gaz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, superbdreams said:

not all superbs have a battery management module

Indeed.  My Mk1 certainly didn't.

@Colliedogs is describing several warning lights that are increasingly common with battery changes.  My 2015 vRS had battery management, so I figure Colliedogs' is more likely to have than not, as it's from the same era.

Gaz

Battery management needing coding on the Superb 2 was only included on models with start stop as far as I know. A lot of the control modules get upset when battery voltage drops too low but the warnings will reset when the voltage gets back to normal. Any functions related to steering require you to turn the wheel lock to lock to recalibrate the steering angle sensor. All of the OPs warnings fall into this category.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3